What's new

Need a name please

showa tenno

Kouhai
9 Dec 2020
Hello dear friends,

I would very much like to know the name of this naval officer former owner of this set. (name of the officer written in the bicorne).

I would also like to know what the kanji painted on the front of the box means? is it its rank? in the rank plates of naval officers on the internet (with the translation in kanji) I found nothing that matched. !! is it its function (job-speciality ?)???

Thank you very much for your kind answer that will bring this person out of the shadows.

Regards

Attachments

• ebay janv.21 Takanisi 521+41 $ (2).jpg
    ebay janv.21 Takanisi 521+41 $ (2).jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 111
  • ebay janv.21 Takanisi 521+41 $ (6.1).jpg
    ebay janv.21 Takanisi 521+41 $ (6.1).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 110
  • ebay janv.21 Takanisi 521+41 $ (6).jpg
    ebay janv.21 Takanisi 521+41 $ (6).jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 110
  • ebay janv.21 Takanisi 521+41 $ (2.1).jpg
    ebay janv.21 Takanisi 521+41 $ (2.1).jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 111
Hi "Toritoribe"
Thanks a lot for your kind reply

It seems to me that Inoué is unfortunately a fairly common name, can you confirm ?

I wouldn't want to abuse your kindness but..............Is there a readable first name in the hat ? which might help me a little more to start a search on this officer ?

And again a thousand thanks

Regards

It seems to me that Inoué is unfortunately a fairly common name, can you confirm ?
Yes, Inoue is a very common family name. It's said that there are nearly 300,000 family names in Japan, and Inoue is the 16th highest.

Is there a readable first name in the hat ?
As in the wikipedia page I linked in my previous post, hentaigana is a variant of hiragana. The 4 hentaigana in the hat represent 4 syllables "i", "no", "u" and "e", respectively, thus, the answer is no.

Thank you for this answer and explanation

I did not see the difference between hiragana and hentaigana, it is now a little bit clear

For western people's brain it will always be difficult to assimilate well the different types of writing in the Japanese language :

Kanji

Kana : Katakana and Hiragana (and his variant hentaigana)

and too Rōmaji ... and unfortunately there is no dictionary !!!

thank you for your valuable help
very cordially

Back
Top Bottom