What's new

Help My room (short essay)

imyourjoy

Registered
3 Jan 2021
HI, I've written a short essay about my room after learning Lesson 9 and 10 of the Minna no Nihongo textbook. It would be great if you can point out parts that are wrong or might sound weird to a native speaker so that I can improve my Japanese. I will add English translations under each line for better understanding.

Also, with the limited vocabulary and sentence patterns that I have learnt, I am not sure if the way of concluding/ending my writing is correct, please let me know if there are better ways to do it. Any help is very much appreciated, Thank you in advance!

My essay is attached below:
わたしの へや

わたしは ちいさい へやが あります。

I have a small room.

へやは ちいさいですから、なかに いろいろなものが ありません。

Because my room is small, I don't have a lot of things in it

へやの ドアの うしろに テーブルが あります。

There is a table behind the door of my room.

わたしは いつも そこで べんきょうします。

I always study there.

テーブルの うえに わたしの パソコンが あります。

There is a computer on top of the table.

その パソコンは きょねん たんじょうびの プレゼントです。

That computer was my birthday present last year.

おかさんから もらいました。

I got it from my mom.

テーブルの となりに ベッドが あります。

There is a bed next to the table

わたしは ときどき そこで フランスごの えいがを みます。

I sometimes watch French movies there.

わたしは フランスごが あまりわかりませんですが、とてもおもしろいですから、フランスごの えいがが すきです。

Although I don't understand much French, but I like to watch French movies because it is very interesting.

ベッドの まえに たなが あります。

There is a shelf in front of the bed.

たなの いちばんしたに やきゅうが あります。

There is a baseball at the first row of the shelf.

これは わたしの へやです。

This is my room.

わたしは ちいさい へやが あります。
I would say わたしのへやはちいさいです/せまいです。. At least it should be わたしは.

へやは ちいさいですから、なかに いろいろなものが ありません。
いろいろなものがありません means you don't have most of things you usually have in your room. If you want to say you have few things there, あまりものがありません is used.

へやの ドアの うしろに テーブルが あります。
むこうに is more appropriate, not うしろに.

その パソコンは きょねん たんじょうびの プレゼントです。
It should be きょねん. きょねん is an adverb, so そのパソコンはきょねんたんじょうびのプレゼントで もらいました。 is OK.

わたしは フランスごが あまりわかりませんですが、とてもおもしろいですから、フランスごの えいがが すきです。
わかりませんです is ungrammatical.

たなの いちばんしたに やきゅうが あります。
やきゅう means "baseball" as a game. "Baseball" as a ball used in the game is やきゅうのボール.

これは わたしの へやです。
If this is the last sentence of your essay, it should be これ. これはわたしのへやです。 is used at the beginning of your essay, or when you show a picture of your room, and continue your essay.

I would say わたしのへやはちいさいです/せまいです。. At least it should be わたしは.

いろいろなものがありません means you don't have most of things you usually have in your room. If you want to say you have few things there, あまりものがありません is used.

むこうに is more appropriate, not うしろに.

It should be きょねん. きょねん is an adverb, so そのパソコンはきょねんたんじょうびのプレゼントで もらいました。 is OK.

わかりませんです is ungrammatical.

やきゅう means "baseball" as a game. "Baseball" as a ball used in the game is やきゅうのボール.

If this is the last sentence of your essay, it should be これ. これはわたしのへやです。 is used at the beginning of your essay, or when you show a picture of your room, and continue your essay.
Thanks for your reply Toritoribe, i appreciate it alot!

Back
Top Bottom