What's new

Help Mt. Fuji photograph from 1940's

brad carlson

Registered
19 Aug 2018
I believe the attached photograph shows Mt. Fuji in the distance. Can anyone help me ID for certain that the photograph shows Mt. Fuji and from what perspective the image was taken. Was it from the south side of the mountain? My father was stationed at Yokosuka Harbor with the USN in late 1945 so the photograph could be a purchased item from the mid 1940's or earlier.

Attachments

• Mt Fuji 1940's.jpg
    Mt Fuji 1940's.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 209
This picture location looks a lot like the landscape in your picture from around the same time. It says its a view from Lake Motosu.

mf.jpg

I think that Uncle Frank has got it right.. Lake Motosu is apparently the viewpoint from which Fuji looks most symmetrical - I passed by Fuji on the south side yesterday and there is a secondary cone on the right breaking the symmetry.
The view of Fuji on the 1000 yen note is also from Lake Motosu, so you can compare it with that.

I think that Uncle Frank has got it right.. Lake Motosu is apparently the viewpoint from which Fuji looks most symmetrical - I passed by Fuji on the south side yesterday and there is a secondary cone on the right breaking the symmetry.
The view of Fuji on the 1000 yen note is also from Lake Motosu, so you can compare it with that.

Yes, I found a web site that referred to the backside of the 1000 yen banknote. Thank you for your input from my inquiry Sempai.
BC

Back
Top Bottom