What's new

Mothers only wish

mariemaddox

Registered
25 Jan 2021
I am desperately trying to find my family in Okinawa Japan Naha city . My mother is from there and I have visited only twice . My mother is 89 and has dementia and can't give me any information about my family. My last visit I got their phone number but those seem to be no longer working . Although my mother has dementia she keeps telling me she wants to go see Okinawa one more time before she dies. I would love to give her this gift of her homeland . Her name is Kazuko Itokazu Maddox . She has a daughter named Sethuko Shikina . I hope that is the correct spelling of her married name . If anyone could help me give my mother this wish I would be forever grateful .

With her advanced age and the Covid that is out there , it sounds like an impossible wish to fulfil. People over 70 that get the virus seem to have little chance of survival. Hopefully , her family might find out about your situation and be able to help you. If by chance , you have old pictures of her family and visits , you can put them up where she can see them all the time. I found many of my dementia patients found great comfort in viewing old photos and talking about the past. Wish you the best of luck.

I am desperately trying to find my family in Okinawa Japan Naha city . My mother is from there and I have visited only twice . My mother is 89 and has dementia and can't give me any information about my family. My last visit I got their phone number but those seem to be no longer working . Although my mother has dementia she keeps telling me she wants to go see Okinawa one more time before she dies. I would love to give her this gift of her homeland . Her name is Kazuko Itokazu Maddox . She has a daughter named Sethuko Shikina . I hope that is the correct spelling of her married name . If anyone could help me give my mother this wish I would be forever grateful .
Can you find new years greeting cards or letters with their address on them in your mom's stuff? Or maybe photos from your visits there that might show the neighborhood?

Sethuko is not a Japanese name. Maybe it's Sachiko?

Can you find new years greeting cards or letters with their address on them in your mom's stuff? Or maybe photos from your visits there that might show the neighborhood?

Sethuko is not a Japanese name. Maybe it's Sachiko?
It could be "Setsuko" 節子

Back
Top Bottom