What's new

More GENKI stuff (第七課)

21 Jun 2017
I did some more GENKI I practice stuff, from lesson 7. I've attached my answers and the relevant sections of the book for context. Could someone take a look and let me know if I made any mistakes, please?

I've tried to improve my handwriting lately, too. Hopefully it's a little better than before.

Attachments

• genki_work-1.jpg
    genki_work-1.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 102
  • genki_work-2.jpg
    genki_work-2.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 137
  • genki_work-3.jpg
    genki_work-3.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 107
  • genki177.jpg
    genki177.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 103
  • genki178.jpg
    genki178.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 135
  • genki179.jpg
    genki179.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 95
II. A. 8: There's a letter missing in the side note:
弟さんはおさけを飲んではけませんね

III. C.: 中山 is holding a 筆 (ふで, brush) and a パレット (palette); ペンキ would be the paint itself. And from the size of the device 水野 is holding, you'd almost think it's a ウォークマン.

Those are the only remarks I have. I'm not in a position to judge your handwriting since I myself can only write messy kana - all I can say is I had no difficulty reading it.

Last edited:
II. A. 8: There's a letter missing in the side note:
Thanks! Looks like I derped there for a second.

III. C.: 中山 is holding a 筆 (ふで, brush) and a パレット (palette); ペンキ would be the paint itself.
あっ、そうですか。ありがとうございました。

Funny story: I didn't know the (English) word "palette", in that particular sense. I would have called it something like "that thing painters put paint on". But hey, now I know where the computing term comes from.

And from the size of the device 水野 is holding, you'd almost think it's a ウォークマン.
Huh, yeah, it does look rather big when you compare it to the size of his hand. I assume it's supposed to be some kind of digital media player, though I guess in the modern day that would be a smartphone.

P177 Ⅱ A
1. Seoul is ソル. The last stroke of ル is not はね. You should write it more largely.
3. 教えています is usually not used for occupations. 先生です or 先生をしています is more common.

Ⅲ B
4. You used 思います since it's unclear if he wears jeans? (And the same goes to 9?)
6. You misread the question.

I'll give the same advise about さ and き I did in your previous thread.

1. Seoul is ソウル.
Ah, thanks. I guess in hindsight I could have looked that one up.

The last stroke of ル is not はね. You should write it more largely.
OK, thanks.

教えています is usually not used for occupations. 先生です or 先生をしています is more common.
Ah. I got the impression that it was supposed to be about ~ている forms, and that was the best idea I had at the time. I didn't know that you could say 先生をする; thanks!

You used 思います since it's unclear if he wears jeans? (And the same goes to 9?)
Yes.

6. You misread the question.
Ah, I see my mistake.

いいえ、吉川さんはかさをもっていません。

I'll give the same advise about さ and き I did in your previous thread.
So, I looked back. Is it the slanting thing you're referring to? I've been trying to put effort into slanting it properly, though it's hard to get used to because it's in the opposite direction compared to what I'm used to in English. I notice that a lot of the times my pencil curves back and ends up going almost straight down... just something to practice, I guess.

Think about the slant line of 左 or 右. The second stroke of さ and the third one of き are like that (the direction is opposite and hiragana are less slanting, though). Or, the second stroke of the capital "A" makes more sense, maybe? The same goes to the last stroke of them.

Thanks for the suggestion.

The same goes to the last stroke of them.
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand this part. It sounds as if you're saying that the last stroke of さ is the same angle as the second stroke, but isn't that stroke supposed to be curved? On the practice sheet I've got it seems to start out going almost straight down and end going straight to the right.

Straight slant line is better than horizontal line. A little bit curve line is the best, though. Yours is too horizontal.
The last stroke is usually less slanting (more horizontal) than the second stroke.

Here's examples of hand-written fonts. If you end the last stroke with the horizontal line, you should start with a more upper position, like the right end one. The starting of the stroke is not straight down but slanting down even in this case.
sa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom