What's new

Monbukagakusho Undergraduate 2016

Hi people of the Philippines! Our final results will come out next week! Pass or fail they'll email us. Gluck to everyone! :x3:;):roflmao::pompous::geek:😅
Hey Ms.Shaneah26!
how do you exactly know which date your country's result will come?
all the best by the way!!

Didn't make it :cry: I guess better luck next year for me! :hilarious: How's your results guys? :notworthy:
Hey Shaneah.. I too failed this time..
but I'll try again next year!
which major did you apply for?
will you try again next year?
I know how it feels to read a rejection email :(

Didn't make it :cry: I guess better luck next year for me! :hilarious: How's your results guys? :notworthy:
Hi Shaneah26
I didn't make it too... :arghh:
How many applicant who are accepted in your country this year?
In my country there are 3 applicant who are accepted.
Thank you 😅

Hi Shaneah26
Thank you 😅
Amaryllis, will you be applying next year too?
and what do you think was the reason for your failure?

Yes
Yes I will..
Maybe because my writing exam results aren't good enough?
I'm not sure either... tommorow I'm going to ask the embassy about it.

How about you Robozilla?

Yes

Yes I will..
Maybe because my writing exam results aren't good enough?
I'm not sure either... tommorow I'm going to ask the embassy about it.

How about you Robozilla?

My exams were great, my interview was great, my marks were great and I litteraly have no goddamned idea why was I rejected
which major did you choose by the way?

My exams were great, my interview was great, my marks were great and I litteraly have no goddamned idea why was I rejected
which major did you choose by the way?
Well, I also think that my marks and interview is good enough.
I choose Science-B, foodscience.

Hey Shaneah.. I too failed this time..
but I'll try again next year!
which major did you apply for?
will you try again next year?
I know how it feels to read a rejection email :(

Yep! :inlove: Though next year will be my last because age limit :sorry:
The major I took was Japanese language under Undergrad category :roflmao:
When I saw the "we regret to inform you" my heart just dropped :grumpy:
May I ask, how many times did you apply? :pompous:

Hi Shaneah26
Thank you 😅
Hi Amaryllis! :x3:
Don't worry! Maybe next year we'll pass! Fighto!! :cold:
Haven't asked my local embassy yet, tomorrow I'll call them 👍

Hey minnasan, i'm practically new, just wanted to ask some questions...
My home town doesn't teach math or other subjects in English, so i'm wondering if there are some books or refferences i should see to study efficiently for the MEXT undergraduate test, and btw i'm planning to major in Electrical Engineering :3 looking forward working with you guys :3

HI EVERYONE :)

Thank you so much for sharing your on hand experience about the mext scholarship, though some failed, keep striving! maybe next year you'll pass. By reading this trend, it gave me the overview on some things and I would like to try this scholarship for 2017. May I ask first, can I still be elligible for this scholarship? currently I am 19 yrs of age and a university student. Can I be able to apply even if I am a current student of our local university??

HI EVERYONE :)

Thank you so much for sharing your on hand experience about the mext scholarship, though some failed, keep striving! maybe next year you'll pass. By reading this trend, it gave me the overview on some things and I would like to try this scholarship for 2017. May I ask first, can I still be elligible for this scholarship? currently I am 19 yrs of age and a university student. Can I be able to apply even if I am a current student of our local university??
Yes, you can do research or undergraduate.

Guys, could i drop the scholarship with no repercussions? My final result is suppossed to come in january-february.

Has anybody received their placement results? A lot of research students got theirs, but I'm not sure about undergrads.

Hi, can anyone help me with this scholarship system? i want to apply but i didnt understand the system and how it works.. nice to meet you all :D

Hi, can anyone help me with this scholarship system? i want to apply but i didnt understand the system and how it works.. nice to meet you all :D

Hello there, I'm not understand what system do you ask. But, this might be related with your question
2djp6if.jpg

Hello guys , i'm new here . I'm planning to applying monbukagakusho next year cause i was late :( I want to know how your preparation so far ? I still confuse how to prepare for monbukagakusho . If anyone of you can share about it to me , i'm so grateful .よろしくお願いします

Hello guys , i'm new here . I'm planning to applying monbukagakusho next year cause i was late :( I want to know how your preparation so far ? I still confuse how to prepare for monbukagakusho . If anyone of you can share about it to me , i'm so grateful .よろしくお願いします

Hey Ichiko. Glad to see you interested in studying in Japan! There a few things you need to think about first. The most important thing to think about is what you want to study. If you want to be an undergraduate then simply look at the major you want to study, look at the location, and find the school with the highest reputation or school that is most meaningful for you. At that point it is simply a matter of applying for the school.

If you want to be graduate student then there is a bit more work. It is important to look at the school and location but even more important is research or lab you will work in. I recommend doing the same steps as undergraduate and then when you decided which schools you would like to apply to, look at the faculty pages to find out the research each professor of your major is doing. Find out which research topic appeals to your interest or skills the most and then read a few papers by that professor. Once you feel that you know enough about the work of the professor, then write a nice email to him inquiring about joining his/her lab. It is tough since some professors won't reply but even if they don't reply please don't pester them since more often than not, they are simply busy. Some schools require you to contact a professor after you started your application but check before hand. Eventually when you secured a position in their lab. Your professor should give you an idea of the topic of research.

Once you have completed all of this, it is time to start your application. There are two tracks for applying for MEXT. The first is embassy recommended or university recommended. One can be easier or not depending on your quota for the embassy recommended in your country. I personally did the university recommended. The paper work on these process are nearly the same except that with embassy recommended, you need to apply earlier and take exams at the embassy. The process for embassy is a little bit more work. You do all your application through the embassy. When they accept you, you will get three choses of schools that you want to go to. At that case, you need to contact the admission department of the school and the lab you want to work in and ask to become a research student. As a research student you focus on research for a year and study for entrance exam so you can actually apply for a degree program. You basically don't directly become a degree student in the school until after you take the entrance exam a year after you apply through embassy.

If you apply for university recommended it is basically the same as applying directly for the school but you need a research plan. The benefit of university recommended is that you get direct entry into the school and can get a university scholarship that is not necessarily the MEXT scholarship. (Which means if you do masters with that scholarship, you can apply for MEXT scholarship for Ph.D without the 3 year rule of going back to your home country).

If you do undergraduate, then research may not be necessary at all. It is useful to know Japanese.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom