What's new

Monbukagakusho Scholarship for Postgraduate!!

hello bakr_pathologist, and congrats!👍
I wanted to answer you on PM you send, but I guess it is better here, so other people who are interested in it can see.
I actually can't help you much. Really do not know how you can prepare. I was asked something like this... first I introduced myself. they asked WHY I want to study in Japan. I think that is most important question, and you'll have to explain it really detailed. then about study program, about Japan in general, about my previous trip to Japan (study trip for Japanese students), and what I've learned from it. What are my plans after (big one too, I believe, at least for me was), a little bit about me and my country, etc.
overall, nice and pleasant conversation (but I was very nervous, of course) 😌
It's been almost year now from that, so I forgot a bit. but those are main questions, I bet.
Now I have question for all of applicants.... Here, in Bosnia, application procedure for this year finished just yesterday. How come that you already have tests and interviews? :?

Thanks for the sharing. So you are now in Japan studying for your postgraduate?

I guess different country will have different time schedule for the application, language test, and interview. Some country might be earlier, some might be later.

English exams

sepideh
I would like to know if any of you have the answers of the english examintaion, or any extra exam. I already have 2000, 2005 and 2006.
best regards

Hey Ignacio, could you send me those exams? I only have 2006. I'm from Spain and I'm preparing for Monbusho scholarship. Many Thanks in advance, and good luck with your application!

renoagg[at]hotmail[dot]com

If anybody has any english or/and japanese exam from previous years, please send it to me, I would be yours debt forever.

Thanks.

If anybody has any english or/and japanese exam from previous years, please send it to me, I would be yours debt forever.
Thanks.

test are basically the same, so don't focus on finding them so hard. I'd rather advise reading English books, and practicing Japanese. 🙂

So you are now in Japan studying for your postgraduate?

no, not yet. I postpone my leaving to Japan to October this year.

🙂

hi bakr, congratulations. hope that u will succeed in the interview
i'm will pass the english exam next week and i would like u to tell me how was your test is it more about grammar or what

thx a lot
ciao

So... I just took the practice examinations for the English as well as the Japanese (A), (B), and (C) sections:

Japanese (A): 94
Japanese (B): 61
Japanese (C): 31
English: 78 <--- :eek:

So, the Japanese ones started out easy and then got progressively harder (the C one kicked my butt 😊 ).

The thing I was really surprised with was some of the bad ambiguity in the English test. I lost points on some things that were almost trick questions.

It's wierd, because it's a test that I'm almost sure a studied non-native speaker of English could pass more easily than a native speaker (of which I am one).

Anyway... I recommend taking the practice tests before you go in - they seem very useful.

I'll let you know more when I go take the real ones this Thursday.

so they'll give u you marks? interesting... malaysians... how was the test the other day? you guys should get the invitation for an interview by mid this month. update us please.

i'm coming back to KL at the end of this year. should be able to apply for 2009. appreciate all the advise posted here.

I have sat for the test but havent recieved any news from the embassy, but they said will be middle of june , so i am still hoping the best of it Cheersz😌

This is drivin' me nuts!

Thanks Alma for the advice. I just wanted to practice with fresh tests a couple of times, it's true that the style doesn't change through the years.
...The waiting is drivin' me nuts, guys. I sent the huge bunch of application papers a day before the deadline and:
1.-I don't know for sure if the papers have arrived to the correct office.
2.-I don't know if I sent all I was supposed to.
3.-I have just realized that the doctor forgot to specify my blood type.
4.-There won't be any news till 30 days.
5.- ...
I . NEED . TO . (K)NOW
I had not realized before how badly I want to get this scholarship. Seriously. I should focus in my last exams at university and I should be thinking in the interview and exams at embassy but you know, I don't even know if I'll be called to them so it's kind of...*struggling*, I have to act as if I were to be called but I don't know that for sure so I should focus in real things like uni exams but then again if I don't prepare the exams&interview in some way and I'm called there'll be no time to do it... So, as I have said before: this is driving me nuts :mad:
In any case, the attitude I have right now is the least beneficial.
... I still want to know now :(

I have sat for the test but havent recieved any news from the embassy, but they said will be middle of june , so i am still hoping the best of it Cheersz😌

Mid of June? i thought is end of June?

Thanks Alma for the advice. I just wanted to practice with fresh tests a couple of times, it's true that the style doesn't change through the years.
...The waiting is drivin' me nuts, guys. I sent the huge bunch of application papers a day before the deadline and:
1.-I don't know for sure if the papers have arrived to the correct office.
2.-I don't know if I sent all I was supposed to.
3.-I have just realized that the doctor forgot to specify my blood type.
4.-There won't be any news till 30 days.
5.- ...
I . NEED . TO . (K)NOW
I had not realized before how badly I want to get this scholarship. Seriously. I should focus in my last exams at university and I should be thinking in the interview and exams at embassy but you know, I don't even know if I'll be called to them so it's kind of...*struggling*, I have to act as if I were to be called but I don't know that for sure so I should focus in real things like uni exams but then again if I don't prepare the exams&interview in some way and I'm called there'll be no time to do it... So, as I have said before: this is driving me nuts :mad:
In any case, the attitude I have right now is the least beneficial.
... I still want to know now :(

Don't get too nervous, Gambateh! :)

Last edited:
Don't get too nervous, Gambateh! :)
That's easy to say!
Anyway, since I'm feeling so freaking nervous, I decided to test myself taking the last English exam. I was hoping to get some self-confidence but the results left a lot to be desired...yeah, it scared the **** out of me 😲, which is also good because I'm working harder now (I'm reviewing idioms HAHA :devilish: )...

...but I still want to know :(

Last edited:
I was just wondering...which part of the Monbukagakusho scholarship application procedure (documents in general, letters of recommendation , finding a professor, choosing/writing the research project, interview, exams...) have you found/do you think will be more difficult or annoying?. I'd really want to know.
In my case, needless to say...
...it's the wait for the results of the preliminary screening.
:(

I was just wondering...which part of the Monbukagakusho scholarship application procedure (documents in general, letters of recommendation , finding a professor, choosing/writing the research project, interview, exams...) have you found/do you think will be more difficult or annoying?. I'd really want to know.

I am interested to know that too.

Personally, I think that finding a Sensei to take you in would be the hardest part..the rest is just standard procedure for any kind of postgraduate application...good luck guys!!

P/S: rider84, did u get shortlisted for d interview?

hi everyone it's my first day here i should submit my documents on thusday ..i'm very confused about the research plan and the field of study , how should they be filled ?? i'm applying for research student in software engineeing , please anyone have research plan tamplates to send me ..thank you so much (Alma especially)

I took my language exam and interview this last week, and I must say I am nervous awaiting the result. Normally, there are around four people who apply at my consulate, and this year there were 11 including me.

I have no idea if the consulate has limits on the number of people who they can recommend or not, or if it is merely pass/fail for each person.

My test went alright, and my interview went great (at least in my opinion), so I think that if I had a chance at all, I gave it my best shot and did well...

I will admit, I really, really want this to work out, and waiting is taking its toll on me.

I will admit, I really, really want this to work out, and waiting is taking its toll on me.
:( Welcome to the Icantstandthewait-club! :(

eng.tariq, I don't know if I filled the research plan and field of study properly, but I wrote an introduction to the topic in the field of study (something like explaining what it's already done, who has worked in that topic before, what remains to be done, why is it important to do it, etc), and in the research plan I wrote what exactly I'll try to do, how I'm gonna do it and based on what previous works. But as I've told before, this may be wrong. I think it's commonsense, but you know, burocracy is not always so logical: call you embassy/consulate and ask. The guidelines may also vary from one country to another, so give them a call.
Hope this can help you, but remember that the research project is very personal. If you have done some research before (at some university department or on your own), why don't you start from that point? Besides, if you have read enough papers about your topic, you should have a fuzzy idea of how to do it at least. I wish you good luck! 📣

...yeah, I still want to know :(

Personally, I think that finding a Sensei to take you in would be the hardest part..the rest is just standard procedure for any kind of postgraduate application...good luck guys!!

P/S: rider84, did u get shortlisted for d interview?

YEA! I just received the big envelope today asking me to go for an interview on 11 July. Any advice for the interview?

please reoangg would u plz send me the questions of the exams if u have them ...?
Here is a link to a sample English/Japanese test questions, together with the answer. If i am not wrong that is 2006 questions.
www[dot]eg[dot]emb-japan[dot]go[dot]jp/e/study/research_students/things_to_do[dot]htm

P/S:Sorry for the weird address as i do not have enough post to include a url in my post. Hope it is understandable :)

Here is a link to a sample English/Japanese test questions, together with the answer. If i am not wrong that is 2006 questions.
www[dot]eg[dot]emb-japan[dot]go[dot]jp/e/study/research_students/things_to_do[dot]htm

P/S:Sorry for the weird address as i do not have enough post to include a url in my post. Hope it is understandable :)
Thank you so much but i have the 2006 answers ..i was seeking older exams

Help Help Help

Im applying Monbusho Scholarship 2008 for postgraduate this year. And I have received notification letter to sit for a written english test on 23.5.2007

I would like to know how the exam is going to be? Would it be any essay?Comprehension? Or Grammar? Do you have the test which took this year before 23 May 2007.

How can I get the test ? Is there any way to get the test before exam?

Back
Top Bottom