What's new

MEXT Scholarship for Postgraduate 2010: General Discussions.

For October 2010 enrollment, the submission of documents was made last February. Mine was submitted to Todai and they were the one who forwarded it to MEXT. I think a lot of discussion has been made regarding MEXT application through university application.

They said the official result will come out this June. And so my waiting game beings.:?

Just wanna let you know guys that I got the MEXT Scholarship through university recommendation.

I'll start school this October 2010 (quite a short time to prepare really).

Thanks for all the information and support!

Good luck to all the hopefuls!

Hi all,
am wondering if there's anyone already studying in Hitotsubashi? need help in contacting 2 of the professors there... appears contacts are not listed on website nor their paper...
any guidance/help would be much appreciated!! ^.^
tx!!

For October 2010 enrollment, the submission of documents was made last February. Mine was submitted to Todai and they were the one who forwarded it to MEXT. I think a lot of discussion has been made regarding MEXT application through university application.

They said the official result will come out this June. And so my waiting game beings.:?
Hi,
I wanna know if you get your final result for October yet?
Just like you I'm waiting for result too...

Hi,
I wanna know if you get your final result for October yet?
Just like you I'm waiting for result too...

yes i got the result first week of july.

sent all the necessary documents already. applied for housing, plane ticket and visa already.

i am currently on Nihongo self-study. i don't have intensive nihongo lesson.

Selected as an "alternate recipient"?

Hi everyone,

I applied for the 2011 scholarship for research studies from Toronto, Canada, and was noticed that I have been selected as the "alternate recipient". Had anyone been in my position last year, and what do you think the likelihood of receiving the scholarshp is for the alternate recipients?

Are we only replacing a candidate from our country of citizenship/application, or are we being considered when a candidate from another country is unable to accept the scholarship, too?

Also, I heard that I can try to secure a recommendation from a supervisor in a Japanese university to increase my chances - is that true? How does that process work?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Finally got the letter on the 1st of March - Tokyo University of the Arts here I come!

Hi jimbojones99. Congratulations. Can u pls inform us the details of ur application procedure? I guess u applied through university. Did u face any interview?
..........And after getting the scholarship did u sit for any other exam like the university entrance exam or so?? University of Tokyo requires GRE/TOEFL. Is it still required for those who get the MEXT sholarship?? Please help. Thank you.

Just got final notification from Todai that I got the scholarship. This is after winning it, but being unable to use it via embassy recommendation, then having to apply through my university to win THEIR recommendation (university recommendation) and beat all the others out AGAIN.
Had to win it TWICE to get it for real... :D
Wow!! Does unversity recommendations require any study program??

Last edited:
Hi friends,
How are you doing? Many of you must be in Japan now.
My prof. informed that I was just upgraded from subtitude to main list candidate. I now still cannot believe that I will be heading Nagoya in early October. Thank you all for encouraging me before.

Great news!! Congratulations!!

Back
Top Bottom