What's new

MEXT scholarship Embassy (Master) The Netherlands 2016

NumesSanguis

Registered
5 Feb 2015
Hello :)

I would like to apply for MEXT October 2016, however information about screening dates is limited.
The Embassy in The Netherlands only has the following page of information:
Embassy of Japan in the Netherlands (2015)
So from this page I expect the deadline for applications to be somewhere around June 2015, with interviews in July 2015.

However I find conflicting information about screening deadlines and when to take written exams / interview. From what I read on the internet I hear these are already March-April, which is soon. Does anyone have information about this? Is the March deadline only for Japanese Studies Students?

Also is applying for MEXT for a Master the same as applying as Research student?

TL;DR
  • Dutch embassy information limited.
  • When deadline for screening (written examination / interview)?
  • Master same as Research student?
  • A person from the Netherlands with experience in applying for MEXT?

Hello :)

I would like to apply for MEXT October 2016, however information about screening dates is limited.
The Embassy in The Netherlands only has the following page of information:
Embassy of Japan in the Netherlands (2015)
So from this page I expect the deadline for applications to be somewhere around June 2015, with interviews in July 2015.

However I find conflicting information about screening deadlines and when to take written exams / interview. From what I read on the internet I hear these are already March-April, which is soon. Does anyone have information about this? Is the March deadline only for Japanese Studies Students?

Also is applying for MEXT for a Master the same as applying as Research student?

TL;DR
  • Dutch embassy information limited.
  • When deadline for screening (written examination / interview)?
  • Master same as Research student?
  • A person from the Netherlands with experience in applying for MEXT?

If you are applying for scholarship under embassy recommendation in this year 2015, you will be only granted and depart to Japan in 2016. The selection usually take approximately half or one year, starting from :submission of application, written exam, interview, then passing the 1st screening and Provisional Acceptance Letter submission, then tentative confirmation, and lastly the final university placement notification prior to your departure to Japan.
For your information, different countries will have different deadline for the application submission. Some will be on April while some maybe even later. If you are going to apply for that, please strictly follow your embassy guidelines and much better give them a call so your enquiries would be nicely solved.
Research Student is not the same status as master student. Research Student considered as non-degree student. If you want to pursue master degree/ phd degree, you need to pass the university entrance exam. Check the information of the course at that respective university to see when is their entrance exam as well as other information like test format and so on.

Yes my plan is too go October 2016, so that's good.
The information for The Netherlands is kinda minimum, so if a Dutch person could conform the dates it would be nice. I will also take up contact with the embassy to make sure.
I already have contact with a professor at Osaka University, so that part should work out. However I was wondering if you still can apply for a Master with MEXT through the embassy (similar to Research Student) or only through the University you want to apply to?

Yes my plan is too go October 2016, so that's good.
The information for The Netherlands is kinda minimum, so if a Dutch person could conform the dates it would be nice. I will also take up contact with the embassy to make sure.
I already have contact with a professor at Osaka University, so that part should work out. However I was wondering if you still can apply for a Master with MEXT through the embassy (similar to Research Student) or only through the University you want to apply to?
Yes, you still can apply MEXT through embassy recommendation if you have passed their entrance examination even within the 1st screening period and LOA submission period.

If you are applying for scholarship under embassy recommendation in this year 2015, you will be only granted and depart to Japan in 2016. The selection usually take approximately half or one year, starting from :submission of application, written exam, interview, then passing the 1st screening and Provisional Acceptance Letter submission, then tentative confirmation, and lastly the final university placement notification prior to your departure to Japan.
For your information, different countries will have different deadline for the application submission. Some will be on April while some maybe even later. If you are going to apply for that, please strictly follow your embassy guidelines and much better give them a call so your enquiries would be nicely solved.
Research Student is not the same status as master student. Research Student considered as non-degree student. If you want to pursue master degree/ phd degree, you need to pass the university entrance exam. Check the information of the course at that respective university to see when is their entrance exam as well as other information like test format and so on.

I was told that you take the entrance exam after receiving the scholarship? (For masters...i'm finishing my bachelor in electronic engineering in June and i want to be in Japan in April for the 6 month Japanese language until the 2016 entrance exams period ) Or was i misinformed?

And do i have to submit the documents my self to the embassy? because i study in Turkey and will be done around august . So i was planning to send my documents to my family to take to the Embassy before i finish ...so i can meet the deadline for the interview.

Hello there fellow future Osaka U. International students, may it be in undergraduate/graduate/postgraduate/research course. Please look for FACEBOOK GROUP entitled "Osaka University International Students-October 2016" same title goes with the thread I created in this forum. Collagen (Yen from Vietnam) is already a member. Hope to hear from you soon!

Back
Top Bottom