What's new

MEXT Graduate Scholarship 2022-2023

robin10

後輩
25 May 2022
Hi everyone,

Tried looking for a thread for MEXT scholarship applicants (graduate level) who would start in 2023 but couldn't find anything so decided to make one (If one already exists please enlighten me!). I'm applying from Canada; handed in my application on May 18th and now waiting for an email to see if I get invited to the interview/tests. I don't think my application was too strong so I'm a little skeptical about making it past the document screening phase but I am hopeful! If people want to share their application process from other countries or Canada that would be great.

Cheers

Hi! Also applying this year and waiting for the tests and interview.
Best of luck to us.
Do you happen to know how long it usually takes for them to contact you on this?

Hi everyone,

Tried looking for a thread for MEXT scholarship applicants (graduate level) who would start in 2023 but couldn't find anything so decided to make one (If one already exists please enlighten me!). I'm applying from Canada; handed in my application on May 18th and now waiting for an email to see if I get invited to the interview/tests. I don't think my application was too strong so I'm a little skeptical about making it past the document screening phase but I am hopeful! If people want to share their application process from other countries or Canada that would be great.

Cheers
Hi Robin,

Thanks for starting the thread! The yearly MEXT application threads are among our most widely viewed, and it's always heartening to see the support that the applicants give each other. Best of luck in your application.

Thanks Lothor!

Hi RISTIK, I don't know how long it takes but I can maybe give you a reasonable estimate for Canada. The application for graduate studies was due on the 18th of May, I applied in the Toronto Japanese Embassy. On the embassy website it says the exam/interview will take place late June or early July and we haven't gotten an email yet. The undergraduate applications were due today (June 2nd) so I'm assuming the embassy is going to contact both undergraduate applicants and post-graduate applicants once both have been screened. I would expect to get an email some time next week because there aren't many applicants from Canada so not much time for document screening is needed. (Also confirmed with my embassy, they will contact everyone, not just the people who pass the document screening).

TL;DR: I don't know the exact time frame, but for Canada it is going to be anywhere from 20 to 30 days (even though Canada doesn't have many applicants for post-graduate, according to my embassy) from deadline of application to recieving email of invitation to exam/interview or rejection.

Anyway, I will update this forum with the exact dates of when I get the email ragardless of acceptance or rejection.

Hello! I'm also applying for research student 2023 programme, still waiting for the document screening result too! (I'm very nervous tbh but I did my best!)

Anyone already got a potential supervisor? I haven't tried to contact any but I plan to do so immediately after the document screening result 🥲

Best of luck for everyone 😄

Update: no update so far from the Canadian Embassy :p

Still waiting on the email to see if they are moving forward with my application or not (inviting me to the exam/interview). On the embassy website it says the exams/interviews are going to take place late june or early july... which seems like a bad sign for me. Initial screening results are already available for India, they had around 1000 people apply this year and around 150 were invited to the exams. I think Indonesia has their exams pretty soon. I guess the wait continues.

I just got the invitation for the written exam! It's gonna be in late June (a tight window to study lol) and the announcement for the interview is in early July! At least those are for Indonesia ^^

Hey can I apply for MEXT scholarship as an undergraduate while still studying in last year of my high school.
Best of luck everyone!

Actual update this time: Yesterday (June 28th) I got the email notification from my embassy that I passed the document screening phase! My exam will be on July 4th and my interview will be held online on July 5th.

Been a long wait but hopefully it's worth it in the end. Will keep this post updated on all updates for my application so anyone in the future has some sort of reference. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Hey can I apply for MEXT scholarship as an undergraduate while still studying in last year of my high school.
Best of luck everyone!
Hey Aayush, to be sure you should confirm with your embassy. However, I am still completing my undergraduate degree and they let me apply for Master's/PhD. I believe as long as your school can attest to you graduating highschool BEFORE your departure to Japan you can apply to the undergraduate scholarship. Good luck!

Hey folks :) Just a lil update I have passed the primary screening in my country's embassy, so excited!!! Hope all goes well and goodluck for everyone!!

Hi all! Was looking for a thread for research student who will be starting in April 2023. I have passed the first screening in my country's embassy! I have received my LOA from GLOBIS university, and now im still waiting for an LOA from my first choice uni, Waseda. Been anxiously checking mail every hours! Let me know if any of you guys are applying to Waseda! And good luck all who's still waiting for their LOAs. Hope you all hear good news soon!!

Hi, nice to know everyone in this thread :) I have turned in all the documents and got 1 LoA from Tokyo Institute of Technology. Now anxiously waiting for the announcement 😅 Good luck, everyone!

hii everyone. I've passed the first screening\^o^/.Does anyone know any group or server that mext applicants can communicate with each other?

We have always hoped that applicants would exchange their info here, and we still encourage everyone to do so. :)

There seem to be several FB groups, but the problem (with all these groups) is that the data is hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom