What's new

Me?

Johnathan

先輩
25 Apr 2003
I guess I'll introduce myself... I'm Johnathan, I'm 17, um... I'm into a lot of Asian things such as martial arts, beliefs and morals and customs (not necessarily religion), stuff like that... but specifically Japan, because of many reasons. The two biggest reasons being video games and anime. I've just always found the Japanese language to be unique and not like any other Asian language. Hiragana and Katakana are really easy to read/write/understand. But... Kanji... jeez, how do you people memorize all that? I don't think I'll ever know Kanji...

Other than that, I'm not really into anything else... well, music. I love music. Can't play anything... but I love to listen!

And that's pretty much all there is to me.

Originally posted by Johnathan
I guess I'll introduce myself... I'm Johnathan, I'm 17, um... I'm into a lot of Asian things such as martial arts, beliefs and morals and customs (not necessarily religion), stuff like that... but specifically Japan, because of many reasons. The two biggest reasons being video games and anime. I've just always found the Japanese language to be unique and not like any other Asian language. Hiragana and Katakana are really easy to read/write/understand. But... Kanji... jeez, how do you people memorize all that? I don't think I'll ever know Kanji...

Other than that, I'm not really into anything else... well, music. I love music. Can't play anything... but I love to listen!

And that's pretty much all there is to me.

... I dunno... I just started learning Kanji for the hell of it... I know about 50 Kanji now... I said the same thing about Hiragana and Katakana @ 1st... but if your willing to learn... just takes patience.

Konnichiwa Johnathan-san!

Welcome and Hajimemashite. Learning Kanji is very difficult and troublesome. I don't like memory subjects.:p
Yoroshiku ne.🙂

NANGI

Also, check out this link for some useful websites for learning grade level 1 Kanji.

hi johnathan! fun stuff... what kind of music do you like? i know what you mean about kanji (furigana is my friend), i only know-know (like "i could pick them out of a line-up of killer kanji" know) a few basic ones...;; but i hope you will have lots of fun on the boardies!

Originally posted by degpiexoxo
hi johnathan! fun stuff... what kind of music do you like?

Well, I'm of the rare bunch who love video game and anime music. I like SOME J-pop. But mainly, I'm into rock and metal and stuff like that. Lostprophets, Linkin Park, Korn, Nirvana, Green Day... those are what I'm pretty much listening to right now, but they're among thousands of others.

By the way, thank you all for welcoming me!

Back
Top Bottom