What's new

Man beats live-in lover for snoring

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
:snore:

Man beats live-in lover for snoring

An unemployed man who punched and injured his live-in partner because she "snored loudly" was arrested Thursday, police said.

Mitsuji Furukawa, from Yamatokoriyama, Nara Prefecture, has admitted that he struck his partner but denied causing her injury.

"I punched her because her snoring was more than I could bear," Koriyama Police Station officers quoted Furukawa, 53, as saying. "But I have never injured her."

The officers allege that the unnamed woman, 53, had bones in her arm broken from Furukawa's repeated attacks between Dec. 24 and Jan. 15. When the woman saw a doctor to have her arm and chest examined, she claimed to have sustained the injuries in a fall.

But the doctor suspected foul play after an X-ray examination found new fractures in a bone that had healed from a previous break, and alerted the police.

Furukawa began living with the woman sometime around the summer of 2000, and began his violent attacks in late December, often punching her when she fell into a deep and noisy sleep, the officers said.

=> http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20030116p2a00m0fp028000c.html

Last edited:
It is a good sign that police are going after this guy and that the hospital had the sense to look into the issue. In Japan, domestic violence is a very hush-hush issue. I have heard police have often refused to help people even asking for help from an abusive spouse saying it was between the two parties to work out on their own.

Odd story, but it shows times are changing!

I glad the hospital informed the police after discovering the signs of abuse, and honestly you'd have to be pretty crazy to beat someone for snoring.

:eek: I hope my husband doesn't turn me in for kicking him out of the bed...

But really, I'm glad they got him. There is a woman on my mailing list that fled Japan with her child because her husband was so abusive to both of them and she couldn't get anyone to help her. And you know what? He tried to get her for abduction. Crazy. She's really having a difficult time right now.

Originally posted by kirei_na_me
:eek: I hope my husband doesn't turn me in for kicking him out of the bed...

But really, I'm glad they got him. There is a woman on my mailing list that fled Japan with her child because her husband was so abusive to both of them and she couldn't get anyone to help her. And you know what? He tried to get her for abduction. Crazy. She's really having a difficult time right now.

Well why didn't she just dial those 3 magic numbers:
' 9-1-1 '

or whatever emergency hotline they have in Japan and report the abuse that would have been more easier then running away.

I'm glad the police are doing something about that psycho too!

I had read an article some time ago that a rape case was overruled because the woman wasn't physically injured. That was the only reason. However, more and more recently women have been winning battles against abusers and rapists.

This is a very good sign!
Good news indeed!

That is crazy! Attacking people for snoring, sounds to me like the people who cant control their anger, they deserve to be locked up.

ElChe said:
' 9-1-1 '

or whatever emergency hotline they have in Japan and report the abuse that would have been more easier then running away.

:auch: you're assuming its that easy...even in the u.s. calling the 'magic number' won't solve the problem, and in japan there is probably a lot less sympathy for the abused when it comes to the authorites getting involved. i don't think you can judge her for running away, it might have been the only way to permanently get out of the situation without having to go through all the bureaucratic bs to protect herself and her child...don't judge! :kaioken:

ElChe said:
' 9-1-1 '

plus, she already said that no one would help the woman! what would you do, keep your child's life in danger?

Next thing I know men are going to beat their spouses for taking too much of the blanket at night...Why not just sleep in seperate rooms then, eh? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom