What's new

Lower/Remove Cap between Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor said:
For example, you could require a certain number of posts before being able to post in other sections.
I like this idea !
What about to prevent new members from posting in Japan sections unless they have more than 20 posts ?
Just suggetions :)

And Maybe the two minutes delay should not includes the members with posts more than 20 :?

So that they will do all their spamming in one subforum?

You sure have a way of turning good ideas into negatives. But yes, it would not only lessen the time spent on going to each forum and removing the spam for moderators, but also allow for the post delay to be lowered to 60 seconds, which would be equally as effective as 120 seconds, so that members could positively contribute more to our community.

well Im actually here to say hi in order to be able to post pictures :D

but yea the Delay might get annoying

I must admit, lowering the cap for members with more that 20 posts seems like it could be a reasonable answer, However I completely disagree with limiting where new members can post, That will only drive them away.

My standing on this subject is that the cap does not need to be lowered, As I did not even know it existed until I read this thread. When I post in a thread I read multiple pages worth of posts, to get a feeling for the conversation. that alone usually takes 2 minutes, and if it is not my first post in a thread, I still take a few minutes to think of my response, and type it out. So in my opinion anyone who regularly trips the cap is most likely a spammer or not thinking their post through.

I say raise it! 5 minutes should be fine.

4864669287_debfe9d6b3_z-1.jpg

Megaupload and it's satellite websites put limits on their services to entice users to subscribe monthly for unlimited or nigh unlimited access to their services. As such, I hope you're not seriously comparing it to JREF's post delay. ☝

Megaupload and it's satellite websites put limits on their services to entice users to subscribe monthly for unlimited or nigh unlimited access to their services. As such, I hope you're not seriously comparing it to JREF's post delay. ☝
How often am I serious?

seriouscat-1.jpg

Thor, I hope you do not take this offensively but you need to learn what sarcasm is. It would really help if you would lighten up and not take everything said against you, or what you think, as a personal attack. Besides that, if someone is actually trying to offend you, you are just giving them the response they wanted by becoming flustered and defensive.

you need to learn what sarcasm is.

Oh sh-, my sarcasm detector just blew up. Now how am I gonna traverse the internets? :(

It would really help if you would lighten up and not take everything said against you
Thor said:
I hope you're not seriously comparing it to JREF's post delay

or what you think, as a personal attack.
Thor said:
I hope you're not seriously comparing it to JREF's post delay

Besides that, if someone is actually trying to offend you, you are just giving them the response they wanted by becoming flustered and defensive.

2ps0u8xpng-1.jpg

Well then, I am glad you understand. It appeared you did not when you said you hoped FrustratedDave was not serious, as I thought it was pretty clear he was not.

Well then, I am glad you understand. It appeared you did not when you said you hoped FrustratedDave was not serious, as I thought it was pretty clear he was not.
2ps0u8xpng-1.jpg

As Thomas have said before, it will not be changed. First of all because it will give spammers the time to post more posts. (I have seen more than 40 posts saying stuff like I **** my **** with Japanese faces), and second of all it will give the poster more time to take another look at their posts which will help to improve the quality of the posts.

If there would be more support from other members it would be more debatable but there isn't any support.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom