What's new

Kanji tracing/practice sheets

GM-Connor

後輩
17 Oct 2016
こんにちは!

I would like to introduce you to KanjiSheets, a site where you can create printable tracing/practice sheets for Kanji and Hiragana. Quickly and easily at that!

The site just had its initial release today, and I am proud to be able to share it with JREF.

KanjiSheets is absolutely free, but there is one ad, and you are completely free to block it (no one likes ads, I know). In exchange, it would be a tremendous help for you to leave your feedback on the site and bugs you encounter so the site can improve!

Instructions for the site:
  1. Start by adding Kanji/Kana by using the Kanji search (left sidebar) or entering the character directly into the selection grid.
    Kanji search accepts English definitions, ON readings (katakana), and KUN readings (hiragana)

2. Print! You can either initiate the print yourself or click the button on the site for it. The print layout is limited to just the sheet you generated, so that is all that will appear when printed.
    If you want a digital copy of the sheet you made, you will have to print using Google Chrome and select the printer/destination as PDF.
If you have any questions, I am glad to answer them!

This actually could be helpful. Thanks. It seems to work fine in Safari.

Suggestion 1: Allow a larger layout option with fewer lines and larger boxes and examples. Something good for elementary school and beginners.
Suggestion 2: Allow drag/drop to reorder the kanjis after you've entered them.

Minor bug: If you type in upper case english letters such as "A", it will print out "a" in lower case. If you type in lower case such as "a" it will print nothing except the first "a."

This actually could be helpful. Thanks. It seems to work fine in Safari.

Suggestion 1: Allow a larger layout option with fewer lines and larger boxes and examples. Something good for elementary school and beginners.
Suggestion 2: Allow drag/drop to reorder the kanjis after you've entered them.

Minor bug: If you type in upper case english letters such as "A", it will print out "a" in lower case. If you type in lower case such as "a" it will print nothing except the first "a."
[1] Although it isn't currently a feature, I designed the site with the possiblility of having different grid sizes. And I'm definitely going to focus the next few changes towards kids and beginners.
[2] Can't believe I didn't think of that when initially making the site. Definitely a planned feature.
[Bug] I believe the resource I use for the kanji written strokes has the roman alphabet, so I will look into adding the characters since the site could be used for improving english handwritting as well!

Overall, I greatly appreciate your feedback and suggestions! Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom