What's new

JREF traffics: Is JREF the most popular web site?

Is JREF the most popular Japan forum?

• Total voters

Color red

先輩
21 Oct 2006
I am not pretending to be an expert on telcos. Alexa.com is a web site ranking institutions and provide an independent source on web traffics. I happen to know the existence of this web site two weeks ago, and now want to share my observations in relation to web traffics of JREF web site.
One Week Traffic on Page Views
graph_1_weekpng-1.jpg

I could see a good sign for JREF site on this new year. JREF has outperformed all the other major japan related sites (excluding JPOP and Manga/Anime web sites). Site now seems to attract more and more people interested in japan, and japan related topics.
One Month Traffic on Page Views
graph_1_monthpng-1.jpg

Again, this shows the recent increase as of December 25, 2006.
Three Months Traffic on Page Views
graph_3_monthspng-1.jpg

In a mid term, we are seeing rather different pictures, and if we go back half year and a whole year, three years, the story would not be entirely the same. ie., the anomaly occured in the year end, and at the begnining of year, may be just by chance, or outlier. As a matter of fact, these charts do not have any statistical significances, but more commonly termed "data mining analysis", which are lesser science of some sorts.
For your information, asiafinest.com is a pro-china site, and I had not been there to post, although some people assumes I was. The other japanese sites I picked are well-known, and I think that it's within the bound of common knowledge, which will, I hope, not violate any rules upon site advertisements.

I don't see how this sort of thing can be voted on; it either is or it isn't.

I don't see how one person can vote two different answers unless (presumably) two different time periods are being referenced.

As interesting as this is, I also don't think page views alone are an adequate indication of forum health and interest. If voting were anonymous there might be a better opportunity for honest discussion covering a broader range of topics. Not that anyone should appear to endorse another forum directly of course...😊

By the way, how does "average" work as an answer to "is it the most popular?"

Answer to Glenn's question

By the way, how does "average" work as an answer to "is it the most popular?"

Average does not mean sure thing. Taking it positively biased against the most popular or negative is up to the person. I mean "NO" can have a bottom level of popularity, and I needed the alternative to make the question valid as a poll.

If you really want me to change it, I can perhaps change to "I don't know" or "Neutral". To me, it's the same thing though.

Back
Top Bottom