What's new

JREF store ?

Hezam

Out of Service
24 Aug 2007
Helloi was thinking for quite few days about this and i decided to post this topic because there is a very good chance to make money and help people in other parts of the world to buy Japanese products.I mean why not, unless forum admins or persons who run it are busy, there is another way, other stores send products info on the store page and wait for admin to confirm them and then they pay JREF per purchase not for advertising.i'm not sure if you get my point but JREF is popular and instead of donation system there is better way to make money [ a lot of money ].Regards

I'm still at work, Hezam, so I'll reply later. Basically a great idea, and there have been quite a few websites offering such services, some of which have actually survived. A thriving example seems to be jlist.com.

It would be interesting to know which Japanese products - apart from anime and Jpop - are in demand.

Technically, we would have to incorporate JREF, lol.

Well, I have a couple of ideas, if you want to do something like that.

1. Japanese Futon

I've heard that they're fairly comfortable, and can be folded up and put in the closet during the day. That would be ideal for people who live in a small space, like me. My bed blocks outlets and is always getting in the way in my room. There's not really room to walk around or do projects in there. I had thought of getting a bedroll or a cot, but this might be better.

2. Tools for making/serving Sushi

I've occasionally thought about cooking Sushi at home, rather than going out to eat. I can find the ingredients easily enough, but the hard part is finding the stuff used to cook/prepare them the way they do in Japan.

3. Sake

That would depend on your ability to verify the age of the purchaser, of course. But if you have any way to verify that someone is over 21, then I think a lot of people would be interested in buying real Japanese Sake. Americans love everything from Russian Vodka to French Champagne, so why not?

4. Calligraphy brushes

For people learning how to draw Japanese and Chinese characters, I think drawing them with a brush might help in understanding the concept of stroke order and getting a "feel" for the characters. Drawing them with a pen makes mistakes easier, and you get no sense of why you'd draw it in a certain way. If you draw the characters with a paintbrush, the original idea behind the shape of the characters becomes a lot clearer, and this might help in learning the language.

5. Japanese fans

I think the Japanese have some of the best paper fans for when there's a power outage and/or going outdoors in the summer. I can imagine a line of the fans with JREF advertising on them. That way, when people are outside fanning themselves in the summer, other people will take notice, and possibly come here to buy things or become members.

Not sure if these seem like good ideas or not, but it's definitely something different from anime that people might be interested in.

You don't have to think of products, the companies that offer service will do the job, All you need is to focus on how the store will look like, the way it shows products and the way that sellers can manage their products.
I mean it depends on your desire to expand the store or to limit it's features.
At the end, the point is JREF can stand on it's feet away from admin wallet and donations.

I was thinking of a new shipping service that MyUS.com is providing which is collecting shipments from different stores and unbox certain shipments to be shipped in one pack.
For example:
I want to buy 3 items each one is from different store and i want to save money by shipping them all in one package, let's say each one costs $20 for shipping to my location outside Japan, You can save $20 to $30 by collecting packages in one box.
Collecting service is one of the most wanted services and because of this service MyUS is one of the fastest growing shipping companies.
So if JREF could have this [ premium ] service provided to the store/stores it will be very successful.

Back
Top Bottom