What's new

Joining the Japanese Military

Welcome to our Japan community!

A discussion forum for all Things Japanese. Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Itsmeimac

Registered
Reaction score
Is i
If you GOOGLE "how to become a Japanese citizen' It sounds like you have to live there 5 years to apply and then wait another year for government red tape and give up your US citizenship among other things. I get the feeling you would need to read , write , and speak pretty good Japanese to make it through the process. Might get better info from other members. I loved Japan and wanted to do what you are talking about also. After about a year and a half , the excitement of life in Japan wore off and by the end of the second year , I was happy to return to Maine. Wish you the best of luck though if you go ahead with it.

Uncle Frank

Is it possible that a japanese citizen can apply as a US navy is there other way? And how ?

Eugene Kotzee

Registered
Reaction score
Hello good day I would like to know how I could get in the Japanese force or JSDF if possible I live in south Africa I don't have yet a citizen ship for Japan I just finished school and I would love to join the forces near my Otaku families is there anyway I can I inlist in Japan without a citizenship or get I job there that I could get a citizen ship for cause I would love to join as soon as possible

Eugene Kotzee

Registered
Reaction score
Hello good day I would like to know how I could get in the Japanese force or JSDF if possible I live in south Africa I don't have yet a citizen ship for Japan I just finished school and I would love to join the forces near my Otaku families is there anyway I can I inlist in Japan without a citizenship or get I job there that I could get a citizen ship for cause I would love to join as soon as possible
I would like to stand up for the country before its to late
I don't want to lose the country I always looked up to to be destroyed.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do if possible please 🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Eugene, as far as joining the JSDF is concerned the first ten posts in this thread should answer your question.

Top Bottom