What's new

Jikoshokai (introductions)

Tomoko

後輩
19 Mar 2002
hello fellow forum members....

I'm new to the forum as of today.

I'm 32 years old, female and married. My interest in Japan began at a tender age when mon cher papa frequently travelled to Asia on business. The omiyage he brought back for me sparked an interest which was mostly latent until about 8 years ago, when I returned to university and became involved with the Asian Studies program there.
I also begun the study of tea (sadou) at that time, Uransenke school.

By the time I completed my BA, I was hooked and ended up accepting a fellowship to study classical Japanese literature at Yale. I finished the master's degree there in 2000, taught Japanese language and culture for a couple of years, and then my husband's layoff prompted us to leave Connecticut for our home state of Colorado.

I now work for a grant-funded outreach program which trains educators how to teach accurately about China and Japan in Boulder, Colo. I'm remained active with all things Japan-related and have recently resumed studying my long-neglected Mandarin as well.

I share my home and time with my husband of nine years, our two dogs (a Corgi and a Pom), and our occasional Japanese houseguests.
Doozo yoroshiku onegai itashimasu.
Mindy

:bow

Hi Mindy, I bid you welcome to these fora!

It's a pleasure to have you aboard.
🙂

Hi, and welcome aboard.

Did you study classical in Japanese or English? I college I spent a bit of time in the heian classics :)

cheers

Hi Mindy, and welcome

That's an interesting summary. Everyone here seems to be married. You're putting pressure on us young'uns, haha. Will be looking forward to your correcting us on inaccurate media-influenced opinions :)

Back
Top Bottom