What's new

Japanese WWII war art translation

bldrhouse

後輩
16 Apr 2020
I just got this beautiful album of Japanese WWII war art, published in 1944 (?) by Asahi Shimbun.
The seller in Japan has labeled it JAPANESE GREATER EAST ASIA WAR ART BOOK VTG DAITOA SENSO SENSO-GA
perhaps a literal translation of the cover text?

In any case, while I could get "senso" meaning "war" but not the meaning of the last four words above.

Would appreciate translation of text on the gorgeous cover.

Thank you as always. Zk

1676341467204.png

Attachments

• 1- COVER.jpg
    1- COVER.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 38
Nice gaijin (in this case, you are!), yes, same book but bought on Ebay. Shipping was almost $40.

Thanks so much for your help in this; I collect WWII Japanese artifacts -- ephemera mostly -- and am always touched by their beauty even in midst of a hellacious war.
Zigy

Nice gaijin (in this case, you are!), yes, same book but bought on Ebay. Shipping was almost $40.

Thanks so much for your help in this; I collect WWII Japanese artifacts -- ephemera mostly -- and am always touched by their beauty even in midst of a hellacious war.
Zigy
ouch! I hope it was sent FedEx time-travel express and arrived a day before it was sent at that price. Media mail in the US can be less than two bucks, and even shipping from Japan shouldn't be that outrageous

Glad to know my moniker is accurate, it's case-by-case thing ;)

Yes rather expensive... I know that ebay often requires sellers to ship internationally using their own system...

z

Back
Top Bottom