What's new

Japanese Studies (2015-2016)

Accepted by Hiroshima University!!!! :D

This was my second choice (my first choice was Kyoto), but I am still extremely excited/relieved.

Note to future applicants: my embassy did not verify me that I had been selected for the scholarship, and I was not contacted directly by a university. Rather, my embassy notified me of both acceptance + placement all in the same email today.

It was a LONG wait, but definitely worth it. :bored:

Yes!!! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you! I hope we can meet up sometime when we're both abroad! :D

I finally got a letter yesterday!! :D I got the scholarship and I will go to Hokkaido University :)

Congratulations!! That's so exciting, I hope you can beat the heat up there.

Got my acceptance to Hosei a few days ago too! ^__^
See you there!

Yay, another Hosei student!! Congrats! :)

Congratulations!! That's so exciting, I hope you can beat the heat up there.

I heard there will be snow from november till march o.o I think I need a lot of warm clothes but not too much otherwise I have to pay a lot at the airport because my luggage will be too heavy :p

I heard there will be snow from november till march o.o I think I need a lot of warm clothes but not too much otherwise I have to pay a lot at the airport because my luggage will be too heavy :p

That sounds similar to Boston, except we have snow even longer, haha~ if you can, try and get a nice warm pair of winter boots, too! Maybe your family can ship you a box a little later filled with winter clothes so you don't have to deal with them at the airport?

For me it's going to be weird going somewhere that DOESN'T have a really harsh winter. x) It'll be a nice change!

Hi! I'm from Bulgaria and I was accepted in Doshisha ^_^
My newest concern is the placement test, since I want to get over 5th level (there are 9) and explore the other faculties too.
よろしくね~!

Yay!!
Same here..
But unfortunately I am too busy with other exams and seminars.. :(
頑張ろう!

Hey guys I'm back!!!
I hope some of you still remember me from the earlier days of this topic :D
I've spent 33 days in japan from july 16 and guess what my tablet broke down on the first week so I haven't got any connection for over a month T-T
Not only that but for some reason the site started to hate me and stopped sending notifications about new comments >.<
Anyways congratulations to everyone! I'm really happy to see you guys getting accepted

On my end, I've also been accepted to my first choice, Oosaka University. It's a bit funny because the embassy did not send me the results until I got to contact them and asked them about it. This was around august 7 I think... I was pretty shocked that they told me the results right away when I asked. What were they even doing in the meantime? It beats me.
Now I'm pretty frustrated as Oosaka University is sending the information really slowly and I'm not even able to apply for the visa at this point even though most of the people accepted from my country will do it tomorrow when the embassy will hold a meeting. Not only that but my embassy basically told me that from now on it's only between me and the university and they have absolutely no clue what I should do. Like what are the matters I should contact them for because they won't send me stuff about it automatically etc.
Somehow I've managed to get in contact with the university and asked them the most trivial questions but only got a bit ambiguous answer after more than a week and I was told that they will send more information later, preferably this week. The week has passed and still nothing :D

Also, it looks like I must take an online placement test before the 10th of August, and that was completely unexpected, I thought that I would take that test in Japan. I haven't been studying japanese for 2 or 3 months now, since I'm preparing for my final exam. I hope I won't suck too much.
Same here. I literally haven't been learning any Japanese since the first screening in March and my time in Japan was not even enough to warm up since I had really little opportunities to talk (at least to my full potential).
I have to take it by the end of August but I gotta really warm up before I take it. I wonder if one can still drop out at this point with a horrible result. Not that I'm affraid of that, but I'm bored with it. I had to learn so much to get this scholarship. It's not a problem in itself as I really love doing it but I basically have nothing to do at my uni as the classes are way below my level and I'm bored as hell most of the time.., even after this situation I had to prepare a lot for the first screening to make it a certain victory and hell it sure was a blast. At that point I was like oh now I finally can just sit back and enjoy the scholarship learning all I want and reach the levels I have been aiming for for years now but no, I still have to struggle because the first screening was not enough and I have to redo something completely identical in the form of an online test. Again it's not like I have any chance to have a bad score or anything on this test, but still the investment doesn't worth it as it really takes a lot of time for me to warm up since I don't use the language on a daily basis and I can repeat this again when I get to japan next month. 超面倒くさい

I might have been complaining too much guys, sorry for that, but I wanted to share my thoughts on this matter and ask for yours :D

Again, I'm really happy for all of you (including myself lol). I hope we could meet up sometime during our stay at some point.
btw anyone else got into Oosaka daigaku?
cheers!

Edit: I've asked the embassy and 8 people got the scholarship this year in my country Hungary

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm back!!!
I hope some of you still remember me from the earlier days of this topic :D
I've spent 33 days in japan from july 16 and guess what my tablet broke down on the first week so I haven't got any connection for over a month T-T
Not only that but for some reason the site started to hate me and stopped sending notifications about new comments >.<
Anyways congratulations to everyone! I'm really happy to see you guys getting accepted

On my end, I've also been accepted to my first choice, Oosaka University. It's a bit funny because the embassy did not send me the results until I got to contact them and asked them about it. This was around august 7 I think... I was pretty shocked that they told me the results right away when I asked. What were they even doing in the meantime? It beats me.
Now I'm pretty frustrated as Oosaka University is sending the information really slowly and I'm not even able to apply for the visa at this point even though most of the people accepted from my country will do it tomorrow when the embassy will hold a meeting. Not only that but my embassy basically told me that from now on it's only between me and the university and they have absolutely no clue what I should do. Like what are the matters I should contact them for because they won't send me stuff about it automatically etc.
Somehow I've managed to get in contact with the university and asked them the most trivial questions but only got a bit ambiguous answer after more than a week and I was told that they will send more information later, preferably this week. The week has passed and still nothing :D

Same here. I literally haven't been learning any Japanese since the first screening in March and my time in Japan was not even enough to warm up since I had really little opportunities to talk (at least to my full potential).
I have to take it by the end of August but I gotta really warm up before I take it. I wonder if one can still drop out at this point with a horrible result. Not that I'm affraid of that, but I'm bored with it. I had to learn so much to get this scholarship. It's not a problem in itself as I really love doing it but I basically have nothing to do at my uni as the classes are way below my level and I'm bored as hell most of the time.., even after this situation I had to prepare a lot for the first screening to make it a certain victory and hell it sure was a blast. At that point I was like oh now I finally can just sit back and enjoy the scholarship learning all I want and reach the levels I have been aiming for for years now but no, I still have to struggle because the first screening was not enough and I have to redo something completely identical in the form of an online test. Again it's not like I have any chance to have a bad score or anything on this test, but still the investment doesn't worth it as it really takes a lot of time for me to warm up since I don't use the language on a daily basis and I can repeat this again when I get to japan next month. 超面倒くさい

I might have been complaining too much guys, sorry for that, but I wanted to share my thoughts on this matter and ask for yours :D

Again, I'm really happy for all of you (including myself lol). I hope we could meet up sometime during our stay at some point.
btw anyone else got into Oosaka daigaku?
cheers!

Edit: I've asked the embassy and 8 people got the scholarship this year in my country Hungary

Hey Endy! I wondered where you had gone. Good to see you!

From what I have heard, the visa process will be extremely fast/easy for all of us. Either our embassies will contact us or our universities will (I think). If not, I plan to contact my embassy in early September.

Congratulations on Osaka!! I am beyond excited, as well, for the amazing year ahead. We should make a Skype/Facebook group or something at some point to all keep in touch. :)

Back
Top Bottom