What's new

Japanese Pension Service

charles bury

Registered
12 Apr 2021
Hi Everyone my name is Charles I am trying to deal with the JPS regarding a pension, my late wife passed away back in December 2019 and the JPS need proof that she lived at my address, the house was in my name so her name does not appear on the Council tax form, the the JPS has asked that I provide a certificate of residence ?, as my wife had all UK documents allowing her to live and work in the UK.

Can anyone assist in were to get this certificate of residence ?.

Many thanks in advance

Charles

Hi Charles,

I'm wondering if she has any other documents with her name and address together that would be acceptable to the JPS, or whether they would accept a notarised translation. Have you been in contact with the Japanese embassy in London to explain your problem?

Sorry for your loss. If you don't mind me asking, what are you trying to do? Is there a death benefit of some sort? Or inform them that she's deceased?

Hi Firstly thank you for your kind words, I will get a pension from JPS but have to provide a certificate of residence, I have sent details from my local authority in the UK were I have lived for the past 25 years with my late wife but that is not good enough.
I have informed the Embassy & the JPS of my wifes passing back in 2019, I am awaiting from the embassy to throw more light on this matter.

Many Thanks

Charles

If you don't mind please check back in and let us know. Perhaps it will help somebody else in the future. Best of luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom