What's new

Japanese man releases hundreds of worms in train

1 Nov 2005
Japanese man releases hundreds of worms in train

TOKYO (AFP) — A Japanese man was arrested for releasing hundreds of beetle larvae inside a moving express train to try to scare female passengers, police said Tuesday.

"I wanted to see women get scared and shake their legs," police quoted 35-year-old Manabu Mizuta as saying.

He was arrested on the spot by a patrolling police officer after releasing the creatures on the Keihan line in Osaka prefecture.

"He would go close to women on the train, any woman, and pour out the worms from containers," said a police spokesman.

Local police had been on alert after 18 similar cases of released worms had been reported this month by the same train operator.

"When the arrest was made, the man had nearly emptied a container, which is believed to have held 200 worms," he said. "You cannot count them because there are so many."

Mizuta had 10 containers in his backpack estimated to contain a total of 3,600 worms, police said.

"We have the worms sitting inside the police station right now," the spokesman said. "You see them wriggling inside their clear cases. It's really disgusting."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5h53eyhI1_LpBB4-CC4UNa-zdIYEg

Wow, I just couldn't believe my eyes. Japan is such a clean country!!

Disgusting is the right word. Funny sense of humor.

All I have to say is.. wow..

Japan certainly seems to have its share of uniquely weird weirdos.

..wanted to see their legs shake..... brilliant reasoning..

All I have to say is.. wow..

Japan certainly seems to have its share of uniquely weird weirdos.
Japan has its fair share of weirdoes. At least, those knucklehead weirdoes are not a uzi-blazing numb nut. But, still, that guy was such a pathetic imbecile.

ahh, you did not catch my nuance.. uniquely weird.. meaning.. weirdness that I have never seen or heard of anywhere else.

It's so funny, and make me think Japan is so peaceful. A middle aged man collecting thousands of insects in the forests only to scare women and see their reactions on the train...🙂

well I like scaring my wife with imaginary spiders, etc., and see her freak out... I do this almost daily...

If you`re going to be a sicko anyway you may aswell be original, i tip my hat to him yet i spit.

ahh, you did not catch my nuance.. uniquely weird.. meaning.. weirdness that I have never seen or heard of anywhere else.
Yeah, I got what you meant. If you do some google search on Japanese quirky inventions (like, weird umbrella, eating utensil with some cooling fans, and what not), Japanese weirdness has a very strange twist to it.

Yeah, I got what you meant. If you do some google search on Japanese quirky inventions (like, weird umbrella, eating utensil with some cooling fans, and what not), Japanese weirdness has a very strange twist to it.
And everybody enjoys it!:)

This is just too darn funny. Man, you have to be pretty bored if you will go to these lengths just to freak out a bunch of girls with an exaggerated version of a 6-year-old boys' stunt.

"When the arrest was made, the man had nearly emptied a container, which is believed to have held 200 worms," he said. "You cannot count them because there are so many."

ROFL, I had no idea that you couldn't count around 200 worms... that number is just TOO high I guess!

haha this is the funniest thing that i've heard in a while. "i just wanted to see them scared and shake their legs"

damn, talk about a new type of fetish.

raverboy

I knew it was some kind of fetish act before I even opened the thread! I am sure you can probably find 1,000 dvds of "japanese women getting scared by bugs" and "leg shaking fetish" videos at the local Japanese dvd stores.

Back
Top Bottom