What's new

Japan Will Pay Women Who Have 3rd Kid

mad pierrot said:

Not sure whether that is necessarily a good idea. Countries like Australia or Canada should and do have government payments to women for each baby they have. I actually recommend the same thing for the United States, since population is not growing as steady. Europe desperately needs a government program like this, or they will soon die out.

However, Japan is an extremely overcrowded country. It is ranked in the top 10 of most populated countries; I think there are about 130,000,000 people. Considering Japan is the size of California, THAT IS A LOT OF PEOPLE. 130,000 people for a country the size of California is a lot. That is almost as overpopulated as India. Even if the law is for a town, it doesn't make too much difference. It isn't bad or anything, it is actually pretty good for preserving the country but it will be much harder for the economy to run if they rise to lets 200,000,000 in a California size country.

Then again according to the article Japan is declining in population. So maybe this is a good idea, but I would wait a little why.

It is no wonder by the way why Japan has a declining birth rate. Japan is very influenced by the West who have less and less kids, especially Europe and Canada. So yea this is okay now that I think about it more. I wouldn't want Japan to go the same path as Western Countries who have less and less kids.

Mmmmm? Unwed women in Japan get Y300,000 at the birth of their child, and continue to get Y20,000 every 3-4 months until the child is 4 (I think or maybe 5). I don't think that they necessarily need to pay women to have a third child, but maybe figure out ways to get people to move into the area and make it their home. That would also fix their problem right?

Here every child gets a sort of "child support money" until they're 18 - and the birth rate is still dropping. Having a child isn't only about whether you have enough money or not... Having children isn't always a picnic ; _ ;

Maybe people just don't feel anymore that they have to have children in order to establish themselves in the society.

Back
Top Bottom