What's new

Japan Should Be Leader Against Nukes

TuskCracker

後輩
17 Jan 2004
Japan Should Be Leader Against Nukes

You would think Japan, who actually was the only country to suffer a Nuclear attack, would be in the fore-front against Nuclear Weapons ((example: they have worked with Iran recently to develop oil fields) !

It shows how weak Japan is internationally.

Japan seems to only cares;
--> about selling products

--> access to "oil"

--> United States military protection, USA baby-sits Japan !

This is not only Anti-Japan propaganda, but it is really LOUSY propaganda at that. Wow! Big bold letters and no content really make your case! … oh wait, what is this even being posted for?

I've studied nuclear weapons matters with Japan for some time, mostly focused on the use of the two bombs in WWII, and I've also been part of a short 15 minute special on NHK. If you want to discuss Japan's stance and record on nuclear arms, then start with a serious conversation or question, not a few lines worthy of a troll post with no soul.

I'm sure if post a mature and sincere question on the matter, then other educated posters will respond. Throwing out a vague question meant to inflame an argument, then answering with your own opinion is not a discussion.

This is not only Anti-Japan propaganda, but it is really LOUSY propaganda at that. Wow! Big bold letters and no content really make your case! ツ… oh wait, what is this even being posted for?

I've studied nuclear weapons matters with Japan for some time, mostly focused on the use of the two bombs in WWII, and I've also been part of a short 15 minute special on NHK. If you want to discuss Japan's stance and record on nuclear arms, then start with a serious conversation or question, not a few lines worthy of a troll post with no soul.......

Its not a vague question. The most recent example; look at IRAN, been down the road towards Nuclear Development for years. Japan makes oil-contracts with Iran during this time. When India and Pakistan developed nuclear weapons, where was Japan in protesting, or saying their should be an embargoe.

The case of North-Korea is in their neigbhourhood and covered by the United States Nuclear umbrella for Japan.

It is so easy to say "a troll". The topic is pretty simple to bring up. Much top discuss. Every store has a store-front, every movie has a trailer/preview.

"It shows how weak Japan is internationally.

Japan seems to only cares;

--> access to "oil"

--> United States military protection, USA baby-sits Japan !"

Considering your argument's presentation in the above prose, yeah... it would be easy to label you a troll. For that matter, if we were to substitute just a few choice words, it might look like this:

"It shows how weak AMERICA is internationally.

AMERICA seems to only cares;

--> access to "oil"

--> United States military protection, USA baby-sits Japan (and a host of other nations...)!

Wow, imagine that. So shockingly different, who knew...

AMERICA seems to only cares;
--> access to "oil"
--> United States military protection, USA baby-sits Japan (and a host of other nations...)!
I agree your right on "access to oil". Everyone is taking this as some anti-japanese rant-and-rave. Far from it. Maybe its panic time as so many "crazies" are starting to get hold of nuclear weapons. India and Pakistan came close to a war 2-3 years ago (a terrorist attack on the Parliament of India was the incident).

Access to Oil
Japan (and Europe) lead the world in energy efficiency. United States has just gotten worse. I read somewhere that Japan and Europe consume about the same as the 1970's. United States consumption of energy, since the the 1970's has doubled (one must consider population growth also).

NOTE 01: My basic premise, I believe is correct

NOTE 02: It is easy to throw out "troll" and such. Why do we have bolding, underlines and all these choices. Instead of throwing out "troll", give us your opionon and thoughts.

NOTE 03:"USA baby-sits" Japan. Japan could break this agreement in one day. Japan is an independent country !

All you are doing is stating opinions of Japan that sometimes have some vague reason why you might carry these opinions, and you are not connecting to them to any real purpose in this thread other than a general complaining rant.

If you want to NOT look like a troll, bring up a topic and discuss it. Don't just throw out opinions. This is a discussion board, not a place to air your dirty laundry and anger against countries.

This could still turn into a decent topic if you took the time to form some sort of thesis of what this thread is about that was connected with examples. Otherwise no one is going to bother responding… be glad those few who have are giving you the benefit of the doubt to make your case on belief you should get a second chance.

Japan Should Be Leader, troll or not

I am not confused. I have seen much worse post. I see the point, it is just not articulate as some post.

The only time I have heard of Japanese government protesting Nuclear Weapons was last month. When Japan cancelled relations with North Korea.

I am not confused. I have seen much worse post. I see the point, it is just not articulate as some post.
The only time I have heard of Japanese government protesting Nuclear Weapons was last month. When Japan cancelled relations with North Korea.

Large factions have promoted Japan as the leader against Nuclear weapons for decades, most of this promotion coming from Hiroshima in the time around August. It would be a very big shock if Japan armed themselves with Nuclear weapons (which they are fully capable of doing quite fast if they decided to) considering their strong stance against nuclear weapons so far.

It would be a very big shock if Japan armed themselves with Nuclear weapons (which they are fully capable of doing quite fast if they decided to) considering their strong stance against nuclear weapons so far.

You don't think the North-Koreans going Nuclear Weapons, and all those missiles they have. Their must be many in Japan that think that Japan has the right to respond to such a very close threat.

The big loser of North-Korea going Nuclear is Japan. North-Korea could not threaten South-Korea with Nukes. That would a political mistake of epic proportions'. South-Korea and China would react powerfully. North-Korea knows this.

North-Korea threatening United States is a joke. They can hit Hawaii, that is about all. The response from United States would be a total annihilation of North Korea.

If Japan was hit by a Nuclear weapon, the entire world would get involved.

If South Korea was hit by Nuclear weapons, the world would get involved.

It is unlikely that North Korea can attack the United States with a Nuclear device, even Hawaii. At least at this point.

In all cases hundreds of thousands of people would die, and that is assuming only a "small" strike.

Yes, there are those who believe Japan has a right to Nuclear weapons, but they are not (yet) the majority.

"If Japan was hit by a Nuclear weapon, the entire world would get involved.

If South Korea was hit by Nuclear weapons, the world would get involved."

It would have historical and moralical effect. There would also be change of start for world war 3. Else I dont think Nkorea really has effect to whole world.

-
-
The threat of North-Korea, is North-Korea giving several nuclear bombs to someone else. Like Iran, or a terrorist organization.This is off-topic, somewhat.

Everyone says Japan is strong leader against nuclear weapons, but when has Japan Navy every stopped a ship, and took away nuclear technology being moved around the world. The Japanese military has a strong Navy

If Japan was hit by a Nuclear weapon, the entire world would get involved.
If South Korea was hit by Nuclear weapons, the world would get involved.
It is unlikely that North Korea can attack the United States with a Nuclear device, even Hawaii. At least at this point.
In all cases hundreds of thousands of people would die, and that is assuming only a "small" strike.
Yes, there are those who believe Japan has a right to Nuclear weapons, but they are not (yet) the majority.

Your basically right, except for scenarios. It is the year 2009, United States is tied down with a war with IRAN (yes I-R-A-N). The IRAN, IRAQ and AFGHANSTIAN are making the United States economy near collapse. The United States has pulled most troops and equipment from SOUTH-KOREA and JAPAN to fight these wars

NORTH KOREA launches un-armed missiles near Hawaii. No real weapon, just to prove they can. United States uses its Missile Defense and this fails. United States missile defense barely works.

Japan, I believe would go its own way. They would see a need for their own defense capability.

p.s; should this be a seperate thread. this is somewhat off topic.

While educated guesses are passable, I think it is going a bit far to create entire storylines about the future...

United States going to war with IRAN is very very possible. United States or Israel, or both, will have air-strikes against IRAN's nuclear sites.

Everyone and I meen everyone, says this will probably happen.

United States going to war with IRAN is very very possible. United States or Israel, or both, will have air-strikes against IRAN's nuclear sites.

Please don't go into journalism or politics.

Please don't go into journalism or politics.

Never said I was. Maybe some people should not be critics (some people ego's are bigger than their opionon's, no wonder nobody goes to this forum). In the very well-respected magazine, "New Yorker", United States going to war with IRAN is very very possible. United States or Israel, or both, will have air-strikes against IRAN's nuclear sites.

In the well respected magazine "New Yorker", Seymour Hersh, the famous journalist, laid out an article on the Pentagon plans to have air-strikes on IRAN.

THE IRAN PLANS
Would President Bush go to war to stop Tehran from getting the bomb?
by SEYMOUR M. HERSH
Issue of 2006-04-17
Posted 2006-04-08

Japan Should Be Leader

Hello, I read this article. Here is some of it. The United States military has scenarios for everything in the world. Hell, probably has several scenarios on attacking Pakistan, if it becomes a radical Muslim regime (pakistan has nukes, many actually).

THE IRAN PLANS
Would President Bush go to war to stop Tehran from getting the bomb?
by SEYMOUR M. HERSH
The Bush Administration, while publicly advocating diplomacy in order to stop Iran from pursuing a nuclear weapon, has increased clandestine activities inside Iran and intensified planning for a possible major air attack. Current and former American military and intelligence officials said that Air Force planning groups are drawing up lists of targets, and teams of American combat troops have been ordered into Iran, under cover, to collect targeting data and to establish contact with anti-government ethnic-minority groups. The officials say that President Bush is determined to deny the Iranian regime the opportunity to begin a pilot program, planned for this spring, to enrich uranium.

I see really no reason whyt japan should not have, then i again...
I see no reason for using one either... people whom carry they responsibilty, are okey. If they use it even once, be aware for global problems...ON VERY LARGE SCALE.

Okay... a blanket statement that EVERYONE thinks one way does not even come close to an article in a magazines that lays out possible scenarios. I hope that you see that. These two arguments are fairly unrelated, and keep in mind the United States is going to have all sorts of policies for handling different scenarios, it does not mean that EVERYONE thinks we are going to war...

NOTE 03:"USA baby-sits" Japan. Japan could break this agreement in one day. Japan is an independent country !
I hope this will happen soon as there is no reason for USA military umbrella any more (I think this may happen in the near future as USA will be drained with the current Iraq situations). The reason USA military in Japan is because of the geo-political reason. The both parties get something they want. I think Japan will become more assertive in the world affairs once USA withdraws their bases from Japan.

It will be a while before the USA withdraws forces from Japan, and considering the security benefit of an alliance with the USA with the tensions in the area of NK, Iran, SE Asia, I do not expect a sudden removal of forces from Japan for a LONG time.

I hope this will happen soon as there is no reason for USA military umbrella any more (I think this may happen in the near future as USA will be drained with the current Iraq situations). The reason USA military in Japan is because of the geo-political reason. The both parties get something they want. I think Japan will become more assertive in the world affairs once USA withdraws their bases from Japan.

Japan benefits the most. Japan is protected from nuclear attack by the United Sates by the United Stats having a "nuclear umbrella" covering Japan(an attack on Japan will be treated like an attack on the United States !).

With North-Korea going nuclear, I am sure Japan is accelerating the training and learning the military technology the United States has (AEGISIS Navy missile systems, cruise-missile technology...)

Japan Should Be Against Nukes ; North Korea Yes

Honest, that's the only time I seen any real action by the Japanese government. This was when North Korea actually blew-up a real nuclear weapon.

Back
Top Bottom