What's new

Japan Photos 2021

イェンス

Sempai
Contributor
4 May 2018
I will start the new photo thread this year. :)

The Ginza on New Years day was a ghost town.

full

full

full

full

full

full

Tokyo International Forum

full

full

full

WOW! Talk about a million to one shot. My car roof looks like that after a big snow storm , LOL. Not sure if I would dare to enter and make a call.

Where is Shibuya Sky? Is that one of the new buildings? Doesn't look like something that was there when I lived there.

Where is Shibuya Sky? Is that one of the new buildings? Doesn't look like something that was there when I lived there.

Shibuya Scramble Square, opened to the public in November 2019 I believe. I have been planning to visit The Roof for a long time, イェンス beat me to it. :)

Shibuya Scramble Square, opened to the public in November 2019 I believe. I have been planning to visit The Roof for a long time, イェンス beat me to it. :)
Ah ok, that was the big construction project that was going on last couple times I was there. A couple years ago I had a meal with old friends in the new restaurant area where Toyoko-sen used to be. It had "tracks" on the floor to show it's old location before they put it underground. Definitely need to check this place out next time I'm there. See if I can see my old residence.

The last photos to be posted in Japan:

full

full

full

And the last little article:

Artizon Museum

Museum  Artizon Museum

The Artizon Museum (アーティゾン美術館), located in Tōkyō's Chūō Ward, was reopened in January 2020. Formerly known as the Bridgestone Museum of Art (ブリヂストン美術館 Burijisuton Bijutsukan), it has been under renovation since 2015. The Artizon Museum, just like its predecessor, the Bridgestone Museum of...

Sayonara Japan and farewell! 👋

PS: I still have many unposted photos. So I'll be back. :)

I can't compete on photo quality with my humble phone but I was pleased with this one taken at the east exit of Shinjuku station about 9.30pm last night.

Attachments

• 20210110_215807.jpg
    20210110_215807.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 241
I can't compete on photo quality with my humble phone but I was pleased with this one taken at the east exit of Shinjuku station about 9.30pm last night.

Do you mean to imply you were breaking the curfew yesterday night? 😄

Do you mean to imply you were breaking the curfew yesterday night? 😄
Yes, the government's urges weren't strong enough! Having strayed no more than about 4km from home during the last SOE, I wanted to see for myself what the city was like at night. I caught the train from Nerima-ku to Roppongi early evening, and there were never more than about 10 people in the carriage. Roppongi was very quiet. I then walked along the main road to Shibuya, which was the busiest place, though still much quieter than normal. It was a bit worrying to see a few groups of people huddled together smoking - you'd think that they'd keep their distances from each other then considering the potential for transmission. After that I walked the backstreets to Shinjuku. Kabuki-cho was like a wasteland with rats scuttling around, bags of waste everywhere, and a small number of desperate looking men and women braving the cold, on the lookout for equally desperate punters. I was very relieved to get to Seibu Shinjuku station and catch the train home.

I won't do it again!

I was on a job assignment in (eastern) Tokyo yesterday and found the streets busy as if there was no tomorrow. Shops and eateries totally crowded, Arakawa Cycling Path (aka Psychlopath) crammed with cyclists, joggers, hikers, playing kids, and dogs. It seems we are all getting used to the "new normal".

arakawa-2.jpg

Yes, the government's urges weren't strong enough! Having strayed no more than about 4km from home during the last SOE, I wanted to see for myself what the city was like at night. I caught the train from Nerima-ku to Roppongi early evening, and there were never more than about 10 people in the carriage. Roppongi was very quiet. I then walked along the main road to Shibuya, which was the busiest place, though still much quieter than normal. It was a bit worrying to see a few groups of people huddled together smoking - you'd think that they'd keep their distances from each other then considering the potential for transmission. After that I walked the backstreets to Shinjuku. Kabuki-cho was like a wasteland with rats scuttling around, bags of waste everywhere, and a small number of desperate looking men and women braving the cold, on the lookout for equally desperate punters. I was very relieved to get to Seibu Shinjuku station and catch the train home.

I won't do it again!
That's quite a long walk!

Back
Top Bottom