What's new

is this right?

It may be biased, based only on a few people around me, but I also use dekimasen as needed to make absolutely clear when an action cannot be performed since I have heard as well that it has slightly more of an edge of finality to it.

I'm just making a random sentence...
氷と雪水冬の愛にあなたの(heart)だ
it's supposed to say:
Ice, snow, and water is Winter's love in your heart.
how do you say "heart" in the sentence...?
hopefully the rest is right.....

ハート Or 心 = Heart.
If your going to say something is something you'll need a は ka が in there.
がんばって 👍

Tomii515 said:
氷と雪水は冬の愛にあなたの心 だ
is that right?
No, "Ni" needs to go after your heart, (in your heart) followed by "winter's love" It's still a bit odd. Sorry I'm at work and can't help more. Try to figure it out a little more from here...😅

氷と雪水は冬の愛にあなたの心 だ isnt right?

koori to yuki mizu wa fuyu no ai ni anata no kokoro da.

why do i need a "ni" before the "da" (desu)?

Tomii515 said:
You need to tell us what you're trying to say first.
The corrections come later.

epigene said:
You need to tell us what you're trying to say first.
The corrections come later.

Did you look up? i posted this before...it means "Ice, snow, and water is Winter's love in your heart."

Tomii515 said:
This may be a bit advanced at this stage. I meant you need a "ni" after
kokoro, leave off the "da", move that part in front of winter's love.

Or something close to that. As I said, I don't have time at the moment but the arrangement now is set up as the opposite -- your heart in winter's love.

Yup...I would put that sentence as
「氷と雪と水はあなたの心にある冬の愛です。」
"Koori to yuki to mizu wa anata no kokoro ni aru fuyu no ai desu."

But this is a bit too advanced for you right now, I think...

Tomii515 said:
Did you look up? i posted this before...it means "Ice, snow, and water is Winter's love in your heart."
Oops, sorry! 😌
Well, the sentence is not a plain sentence but a lyrical one, which means it doesn't translate easily. Lyrical ones do not follow standard grammar rules.

So, grammatically speaking, it translates into:
Koori to yuki to mizu wa anata no kokoro no naka no fuyu no ai.
However, this does not communicate the basic meaning you intend.

Translation of the meaning:
Koori to yuki to mizu wa, fuyu ga okuru anata e no ai.
(Ice, snow and water are love that Winter sends to you.)

epigene said:
Oops, sorry! 😌
Well, the sentence is not a plain sentence but a lyrical one, which means it doesn't translate easily. Lyrical ones do not follow standard grammar rules.
So, grammatically speaking, it translates into:
Koori to yuki to mizu wa anata no kokoro no naka no fuyu no ai.
However, this does not communicate the basic meaning you intend.
:p I was half torn between "the love of winter that is inside your heart" and "the love of winter in your heart" and wondering whether 'no naka no fuyu no ai' would make more sense than "ni"....Even if it doesn't fully work here, translations of the "no naka no" pattern are always very difficult judgments and transitions to make from English....:(

quick question

thanks for the before thing...but nvm that///i guess...(can it just be treated a a regular sentence...i just want it to be like you were saying it normally...not for a poem or song or anything...can it not be lyracal?)

anyways...would "Story Game" be:

hanashii geemu
---
hanashi na geemu
---
hanashi no geemu
---
geemu no hanashi

???

Tomii515 said:
thanks for the before thing...but nvm that///i guess...(can it just be treated a a regular sentence...i just want it to be like you were saying it normally...not for a poem or song or anything...can it not be lyracal?)
anyways...would "Story Game" be:
hanashii geemu
---
hanashi na geemu
---
hanashi no geemu
---
geemu no hanashi
???
The original sentence you gave has lyricism. That is why I said your sentence does not translate exactly into Japanese, word for word. So, the first translation is correct in grammar but is not natural as Japanese and does not clearly show what you meant.
The second translation shows what I thought you meant (with a bit added to make the meaning clear).

Story Game is simply "sutorii geemu."

doinkies said:
Yup...I would put that sentence as
「氷と雪と水はあなたの心にある冬の愛です。」
"Koori to yuki to mizu wa anata no kokoro ni aru fuyu no ai desu."
:eek: Doinkies さんは大丈夫?
やっと、私達に向かって、自分を、Doinkies と呼んでいるのに慣れてきたけど。。。。
私は人称代名詞としては、[ I ] のほうが良いとおもいます。

でも、使い慣れないうちは気をつけたほうが良いですね。:p

げ!
Elizabethさんはやっぱりいいポイントがある。 多分三回その書き込みを読んだ。
Elizabethさんはなにかと言ったから、今から僕はなんとか違うを気づいた。
この掲示板に変なことが起こって。笑

another doubt @_X

it's me again :joyful:
I have a doubt... about the word that means meeting: ミーティング
How do you write it in romaji? Because I learned that the ー makes the vowel longer and I didn't understand those small vowels like ィ. And finally, What happens when two little marks come above the letters like in グ?
I would preview that it's miitingu... but, I would be never sure :sick:
Thanks in advance for answering :(

Last edited:
Yes, ミーティング is indeed "miitingu" in romaji. "ku" becomes "gu" when there are two little marks above it. Similarly, と (to) becomes ど (do), etc.

Unfortunately, ち, as well as ティ, can be romanised as ti. Yet another reason to avoid romaji like the plague.

Yeah, that was the first thing that I thought when I saw it written in romaji, because I use 日本式ローマ字 (Japanese style) when I input things on the keyboard, so I sometimes slip up and write siturei simasu or tiisana omotya when I'm actually using romaji to explain something on the forum.

Yeah...but ち is only romanized as ti if you romanize in Kunrei-shiki like how Glenn inputs things on his keyboard. *never liked Kunrei-shiki*

Back
Top Bottom