What's new

Indian Curry or Japanese Curry?

Do you prefer Indian Curry or Japanese karee ?

• Indian

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Japanese

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Both equally

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Don't know, never tried one or both

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters
This is making me soooo sad.
I really really miss Indian Curry. My last attempt at eating Indian Curry was in Thailand with my Japanese friend, we were both super disappointed. I havent found a good Indian restaruant in Busan yet, but I know of a place which could be worth a try in Seoul.
I love Japanese Curry too, but with all that MSG, it doesnt always agree with me, but I think that I will have to eat it today for lunch nonetheless. Since having come across this thread :D

Indian curry . . . Japanese curry . . . Thai curry . . .

:gohan:

(and now I have curry drool . . . :sorry: )

Anyway . . . I have had all three, and I like Thai curry the most. So spicy, yet yummy smooth with the coconut milk!

窶堙??堙?, I like all kinds of curry in general, and the spicier the better!!! I know this may sound . . . um . . . kind of gross to some people, but to spice up my Japanese curry if I am in the mood ('cause it is kind of milder than other curries) is to add a little sriracha chili paste to it and mix it in real well. Has anyone else tried anything like this? For that matter, does anyone else prepare their curry in an unusual manner? :?

kokusu said:
Indian curry . . . Japanese curry . . . Thai curry . . .

:gohan:

(and now I have curry drool . . . :sorry: )

Anyway . . . I have had all three, and I like Thai curry the most. So spicy, yet yummy smooth with the coconut milk!

Good call! 👍

I personally like Tikka Masala... I have noted quite a bit of variation within Indian cuisine of Tikka Masalas...

I mail order Patak's Tikka Masala and mix in cut up potatoes and mushrooms... you can add anything you like really... to make it spicier I will add Patak's "hot" vindaloo paste... because some days you need a little umph...

I tried making my own from scratch... but I couldn't get it to taste quite right so I resort to Patak's jar as a base to start with...

Last edited:
I like good tasting food. One thing I noticed in Japan you order the "basic"sauce with a small piece of meat and anything else is extra cost.

curry looks so yummy. but i've never tried it, i've been wanting to make it but can't find any good recipes.. anybody got any??

Well, yes and no...

...my curry "recipies" generally consist of:

1: Throw stir fry meat into wok
2: Add vegetables
3: Add water
4: Add curry powder
5: Add lid and wait a bit

I could be more specific, if you want--but that about covers it...
LolLolLolLol-1.gif

I just made the Japanese curry that you make from a box mix. Not bad...never had curry anything before so it was ok to me. I would make it again, even with all the additives in the mix, and there are a lot! I was just suprised that my local supermarket actually carried the mix that comes from Japan.

Oi! I ate some "real" indian curry a while ago. In Japan, so I guess the authencity can be questioned, but it was with Naan bread (spelling?) and no potatoes in it and everything. And it came with some yoghurt drink which I thought was delicious. (Is that authentic?) It was an unforgettably good curry.

..Man I shouldn't be posting these kind of posts just before going to bed.. I'm hungry!! :D

Well, Indian Curry is the Best but a lot of Spicy. Iam Glad you guys loved it.

Btw, Is Indian Curry is famous in Japan??

Well, Indian Curry is the Best but a lot of Spicy. Iam Glad you guys loved it.
Btw, Is Indian Curry is famous in Japan??

OF COURSE!! 👍

Japanese curry is just another homemade meal, but Indian curry is something we go out to eat... A lot of good Indian restaurants here in the Tokyo area!! :)

indian curry is really good, but i gotta go with the Japanese curry, white rice, and fukujinzuke.

I could eat that stuff everyday. Mmmm.

I like both Indian and Japanese curries. They are different things, really. If anybody ahs mentioned Chinese curry, I missed it. I have found that the quality of Chinese curry can be quite variable, depending on the restaurant. I would prefer Indian or Japanese curry, anyway. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Thai curry. I usually eat other types of dishes in Thai restaurants. Yes, the Japanese curry roux blocks you can buy in the stores do contain beef fat. You shouldn't eat then every day! Once in a while is another matter, though. Sometimes I use bacon drippings to soften onions when I am making soup or beans. One of my favorite Japanese curries was the beef tongue curry at Tops & Saxon.

Indian currry! It reminds me of going to Shibuya whenever I miss having Indian curry during my student days in Japan. Now when I am back here in Singapore, I miss Japanese curry instead. There is another curry in Singapore and Malaysia called the Indian Fish Head Curry. Yummy too!

While indian curry (or better, curries since there is a wide variety) is very well known all over the world, japanese one is not as well famous.
At least, I never ate a curry "Japanese style".
Can anyone tell me more about it?
What are the characteristics?
How it's done, the ingredients... and so on?
Thanks! :)

There's much more than just curries. I prefer the hybrid style curries. It's like a mixture of ingredients between different curries. Like inidan curries don;t usually have cocnut milk, but add some of that (of course there are techniques and methods and proportions to this) and you have a whopping dish.
About a week ago I had Pakistani butter chicken made with the cocnut ingredients. Absolutely fantastic.

Has anyone tried Bangladeshi food. Whoa! It's as hot as hell.

Try "Caree Pan", Curry bread, quite a popular fusion food.
Carree pan @ Mr Donuts

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom