What's new

If you like Japanese women, please tell me why

If you think that Japanese women let themselves get walked upon, you have GOT to meet the middle-aged women here! They'll fix your thinking in a flash, let me tell you!

Of course women in Japan come in all shapes and sizes, just as anywhere else.

But I'm of the opinion that teenagers should be allowed to dream, because they will learn how the world really is soon enough. If the object of their dream is Japanese men/women, so be it.

I mean, I went through that process, although I must admit that when I was a teenager I never gave anything Japanese a thought. Taking that away takes away a chance for the dreamers to grow and discover the world for what it is, trying to mold it somewhat in the process. That's what being young is all about, is it not?

I never thought of japanese women being any different from european women except from the look of course but every look has it's pro's and con's.
But I have to agree japanese women do have a certain look to them although I don't like them being so submissive ,if the common stereotype does at all apply.

The people who answered this thread. What are you basing your answers on? Do you like Japanese men or women based on an image you saw on the internet? Are you basing your ideas about Japanese men or women based on someone you've met in your class, something you read, a movie you saw, a manga you read, an anime you watched? What?
I was kidding when I said I liked Japanese men. Just messing around. :p
I know one Japanese guy, (nothing like a bishounen rock star type in any respect >_<) and I've got absolutely no reason to assume that the entire rest of the male population of Japan is just like him. In fact, I think it's fairly safe to assume that they're not!
Anyway, he's my ex, and I like him (I mean as friends we are now :) ), but that's just one person, obviously it's completely dumb to say "I like Japanese men" and mean all of them, I'm sure there's just as many a*sholes in Japan as there are in England. People are people the world over... >_>

kooo said:
However, prefering Japanese women to western women does not mean you should be critical of western women, or even "masculine" women. I find the rampant generalizations of people inaccurate and unnecessary.
I agree wholeheartedly.

I was kidding when I said I liked Japanese men. Just messing around. :p
I know one Japanese guy, (nothing like a bishounen rock star type in any respect >_<) and I've got absolutely no reason to assume that the entire rest of the male population of Japan is just like him. In fact, I think it's fairly safe to assume that they're not!
Anyway, he's my ex, and I like him (I mean as friends we are now :) ), but that's just one person, obviously it's completely dumb to say "I like Japanese men" and mean all of them, I'm sure there's just as many a*sholes in Japan as there are in England. People are people the world over... >_>
I think that people might learn to say something like, "I like the Japanese people that I've met..." Perhaps Mikawa Ossan is also right, maybe the fantasy is more important to people than the reality, which is often dull and boring. I just think its a little strange that Japan actually exports this sort of paraphilia if you will, where teenaged girls build some sort of image of men around Bou from An Cafe. It's got to be producing a lot of warped minds.

I used to think that men had the whole zomg! fanboy thing locked, but it seems these days as if the young girls are giving them a run for their money where unhealthy obsession is concerned.

1159980671039er1-1.jpg

Gender dysphoria - Wikipedia

Hmmm Japanese girls are a very interesting subject. I know I'm going to get slapped on this one, but physically I just don't find many girls attractive in Japan. To me, I frankly don't find extremely petite women attractive, and neither do I find inverted Japanese legs appealing either (why is that by the way?). I think Japanese faces (Asian in general) are cute and very refined, but I think their bodies to be a bit too slender and 'frail' if you will. Additionally I think many HS Jgirls' bodies seem to be stuck in an almost pre-'blossoming' stage (many of them still look like kids to me), and I just don't have it in me to find kids attractive. And I know this is a generalization, but on the note of physical attraction, they also don't tend to have the greatest fun-bags in the world either... ^^;
---
What I do find about Japanese women though is their personalities, and I can definitely say I've been attracted to quite a few Japaense girls regardless of my personal physical dislikes. I think Japanese girls tend to be in tune with a person's emotions and sensitivities more than American girls. And although I'm a guy that appreciates a good chest (there , I said it again :p ) some of the poses and natural reactions Jgirls make are just delictable to a part of my mind that values something else in a girl other than the physical aspect.
Hmmm... it's difficult to pinpoint what I find attractive about Jgirls, but maybe when I give it more thought I can say exactly what I mean. Anyone else feel this way?

That's actually one of the first times I heard someone say that. I don't really have an opinion...I find them "cute" but you know I'm not attracted to them or whatever since I'm a straight girl.

Hmmm Japanese girls are a very interesting subject. I know I'm going to get slapped on this one, but physically I just don't find many girls attractive in Japan. To me, I frankly don't find extremely petite women attractive, and neither do I find inverted Japanese legs appealing either (why is that by the way?). I think Japanese faces (Asian in general) are cute and very refined, but I think their bodies to be a bit too slender and 'frail' if you will. Additionally I think many HS Jgirls' bodies seem to be stuck in an almost pre-'blossoming' stage (many of them still look like kids to me), and I just don't have it in me to find kids attractive. And I know this is a generalization, but on the note of physical attraction, they also don't tend to have the greatest fun-bags in the world either... ^^;
---
What I do find about Japanese women though is their personalities, and I can definitely say I've been attracted to quite a few Japaense girls regardless of my personal physical dislikes. I think Japanese girls tend to be in tune with a person's emotions and sensitivities more than American girls. And although I'm a guy that appreciates a good chest (there , I said it again :p ) some of the poses and natural reactions Jgirls make are just delictable to a part of my mind that values something else in a girl other than the physical aspect.
Hmmm... it's difficult to pinpoint what I find attractive about Jgirls, but maybe when I give it more thought I can say exactly what I mean. Anyone else feel this way?

I have the exact opposite opinion of Japanese women (under the age of 35 or so). I find them physically attractive on average, but I'd generally rate them extremely low as far as personality. Mind you, that's just my own experience.

You do realise that Japanese men look nothing like the bishounen models you girls seem to go for, right? You realise that the whole object of 'visual kei' is to provide a safe, elegant form of male to young females, right? You're buying an image that is being sold to you, sorry.

Saying that you like Japanese men, when those men happen to dress in drag and kiss each other on stage is a little rediculous--- or at least, extremely naieve.

~ Okay, regardless... The people who answered this thread. What are you basing your answers on? Do you like Japanese men or women based on an image you saw on the internet? Are you basing your ideas about Japanese men or women based on someone you've met in your class, something you read, a movie you saw, a manga you read, an anime you watched? What?

You'll forgive me if I think that some of these descriptions of Japanese men & women seem pretty naieve. They're all based on some sort of perceived fantasy that doesn't echo reality very well.

ed: I'm trying not to sound condescending, but I keep reading these, I love Japanese men (especially ones in drag), or I love Japanese women, the small docile ones who might have existed once as some form of yamato nadeshiko... These attributes come up again and again, as if everyone were watching the same anime, or listening to the same music, to build their perceptions about the Japanese.

I agree with Yukio there, Most of us have never seen a Japanese person, in person, and especially those who live in Japan. Who is to say that our depiction of the Japaneses "Women" and/or "Men" are not what we thought it was. I mean, most of use (if not all), are basing their idea on what a Japanese person should look/act/be on some type of media you have seen.

That fact is, its hard to tell what kind of personality has any given person. Thats why you go through the whole dating ritual to figure out the person you are interested about. Thats also why, you can't judge others without meeting that person, spending time with that person and/or shearing life with each other (i.e. anything from dating to going to the bar with your best friend).

Don't get me wrong, there are medias out there that are telling the truth, and that it WAS as they say it was, but... Movies, Anime, Novels, even Music, in most case, are telling the story of the author's ultra-ego. The "way it should have been", or in the case of SiFi, "would it be cool if we could had this". In other words, the media (in most cases), depicts the wishes and fantasies of the author and not reality.

What I'm trying to say is, until you have met them in person and spend some time with him/her (as i know some of you had), you can't just say that Japanese women are "like so", and that American women are "like so". Thats just plain stereotyping, which in the end, it only leads you to hurting that person and/or group of people.

As a guy, I do like good looking women (which is really unfair to them cause it puts too much pressure, to which I'm sorry girls). But when it comes to the my Wife to be, personalty is the most important factor. The reasoning being, is that the personality is an aspect of humans that is the hardest, if not, close to imposable to change. Thats why i don't mind dating overweight girls from time to time. Who know if she could have one of the sweetest of personalities and that is of perfect match to mine. In the future, Is a lot easier for me to help her loose the weight.

Note to women out there: This last comment wasn't me being superficial (as some of you that has this stereotype of men, do). That fact is, being overweight, no matter who you are, is unhealthy for both physical and mental reasons.

This last comment wasn't me being superficial (as some of you that has this stereotype of men, do). That fact is, being overweight, no matter who you are, is unhealthy for both physical and mental reasons.
Very true, now can you tell those sumo guys about it!?:LOL:
Personality has a lot to do with it, and some men like Japanese women who tend to be more feminine and tend to worry more about their appearance (makeup, clothes, etc.). Personally, I'm not saying I don't like well dressed women, but I get fed up with women who 'cake on' makeup and spend all their money on clothes and don't seem to have opinions on any issues except health (related with beauty issues) and fashion.
But another aspect with most Japanese wome as that they are attentive to their partners, more so than most Western women.

Last edited:
Aerial06, i agree is some instances about the Japanese-American and most of your other ideas.

How can most of you make assumptions, have you guys went out and distinguished by dating 20 Japanese females?-Prove it

I think the reason that I prefer Asian woman is due to the fact I fell in love with a Japanese girl about four years ago. Though the love is unrequited, she is flawless except for her superficial tendencies (which all girls inherit either way). We remain on that horrendous "friends" basis... anyways, maybe I'll tell the epic in detail in some other thread. :(

It's just a specific thing. Physically speaking, guys who enjoy straight, shiny, dark hair, small noses and a generally petite figure tend to prefer Asian woman in general.

And generally, guys who are tired of American woman who disregard their physical form and dress for one purpose only. Personally, I regard my health and physical form highly and I could never be with someone who sits on the couch all day eating cake. Im not saying all American woman are like this at all, but in a suburban high school (which is where I am), it is the majority.

Japanese women are just like any other women on earth. Sure, there are some cultural differences but if you believe they are really different, then you will be in for a shock

I find that I myself have an overwhelming attraction towards Japanese women. I just want to hear the reasons for other peoples attraction towards them. Is it personality, looks, ect.
I find that I like them because of how kind they are. I'm not going to lie, I find asian women very attractive. Most people I know simply ignore personality and look for a huge *** and knockers that could cause an eclipse. I'm not saying looks count for nothing (because trust me they do). But I can't go out with a total **** who tries to get by on her looks instead of personality (she can't be a total dumbass either). I ask this question because Japanese women aren't very voluptous (don't have big chest cannons or yams).
Do you just care about triple D's, or do brains and personality make any diffrence to you?

:D Love the way how you phrase the whole sentence! :D

My first girlfriend ever was Asian (Korean) and I've always had a subconcious attraction towards Asian women. Being half Irish and half Italian, in a very Irish/Italian area, most of my exes/hookups are Irish, Italian or both. I usually go for the short, dark haired, curvy Italian girls. Aside from the short part, Asian girls are quite the opposite body type from an Italian girl... Still, I find myself eyeing up Asian girls all the time... especially at work (Asians LOVE French Connection!)

I MUST say, however. When you're IN Asia, and see nothing but Asian women (Japan for example) you pick up on extremely attractive girls much more often. While clubbing in Roppongi, I probably caught the mononucleosis from making out with so many adorable J-girls. I noticed that they all dress EXTREMELY well, especially at the club. I kinda like the bow-legged thing! And I love those plaid skirts!

Aside from the cosplayers, I didn't notice a single freakish J-girl on the whole trip. I saw ONE obese person on my whole trip (I'm a health freak, aside from the whole drinking/smoking thing) and that was extremely refreshing (aside from making the whole "T&A" factor harder to come by... I like the hourglass, what can I say?)

Everyone has a "thing" that gets their jollies off. The only thing I know is that true beauty knows no race, color, religion, etc. There are ugly Asians and drop dead sexy Asians, and I assure you that the same goes for every single "type" of human being on this Earth.

I probably caught the mononucleosis from making out with so many adorable J-girls. I kinda like the bow-legged thing! And I love those plaid skirts!
Everyone has their thingツ… but I can't say I have the same attraction to disease and deformities.

Without going into weird psychology, I think that most people simply tend to follow a general preference if they have had positive experiences with someone of that culture in the past. If you've been around a general ethnic group and had good experiences, you are more likely to be drawn to those of that group as a possible partner. I'm NOT however denying that there are other factors, including biological as well as psychological.

However, what I stated above also has a major negative aspect as well. I see many MANY people of both genders going for ツ"Japaneseツ" just because of Japanese fantasy and stereotypes they have built in their minds from various sources such as pop-culture, stereotypes in their home country, and even manga. This leads down a road of a negative preconceived mindset based on a twisted positive stereotype that steams from somewhere else than reality and personal experiences.

I cannot actually say or pinpoint why I like Japanese women, or Asian women for that matter, or even dark-haired Latin women. It is just something that is in me. Where it came from I do not know, but I do know it goes way back before high school.

Also, it is not because I lived there for so many years and dated more Japanese women than I can remember or because I had some attraction to Japan before going there as I only landed in Japan by chance.

But, put an attractive buxom western woman next to an attractive not so buxom Japanese woman, ask me to choose, and I will always choose the Japanese woman hands down, no questions asked. We can work out the details later thank you. It is just something that cannot be explained logically. However, to me Japanese women are probably no different than western women in many, but not all, ways.

To give you some perspective, I've dated Japanese women who couldn't/wouldn't cook or clean their apartments and those that were spotless beyond compare and could cook as well as anyone. I've dated fat ones and skinny ones. I've dated beautiful ones and not so beautiful ones. I've dated those that would spend all their money on make-up and clothes and those that didn't care about those things, but still looked attractive. I've dated women older than me and also younger than me. One had more money than god and the others didn't. Most were educated and a few weren't. A couple lied and cheated on me while the others were honest and forthright. In a sense I guess you could say I dated the gamut.

But no matter what, it all boiled down to one thing and that is personality and compatibility. Without compatibility it did not matter whether she was attractive or not or had money, or had an education or had a decent job, etc. Nothing else mattered in the long run. In this sense they are no different than western women as there are women like I listed above in every culture.

But, there are a couple of things I have noticed, heard from others married to Japanese, and experienced firsthand, that make Japanese women stand out over the western women I have dated, and heard from friends and aquaintances married to western women and that is:

1. Japanese women are extremely attentive to their mate. Even if they cannot cook or clean well the majority will make the effort even when they are working! Return affection, treat them well, and they will treat you like a king unlike what I hear from many aquaintances married to western women.

2. The majority are excellent at running a home, know how to save money, and can surely make ends meet, regardless of income, while the majority of western women I have heard of through others cannot or will not do.

3. In the bedroom, the majority (99%) are (were) not inhibited when it comes to sex and most anything goes behind closed doors if you love them and satisfy them in return. This I found truly fascinating as I have had western women tell me, "I am not that kind of woman", or my friends express envy at me because they cannot get anything in the bedroom besides the "usual". Granted, not all western women are like that, but from what I hear from many western males, many are.

But in the end it still boils down to personality and compatibility regardless of what I said above. If two people cannot get along together it does not matter whether they are Japanese or western as the relationship will fail in the long run.

By the way, I have been maried to my Japanese wife for 26 years now and, even though she is a full-time executive, she still does all the things listed above by choice and I am still awed. Not only does she work 40+ hours a week she still cleans, does the laundry, cooks, and does other household chores, and I am forbidden to help even though I want to, and I do not take her for granted. To me she truly is a gem and maybe a dinosaur by todays standards, but a better woman I don't think I could ever have. I'm still amazed at how she does it.

Disclaimer: These are just my experiences and what I have heard and read, and are not indicitive of all Japanese or western women as I am positive, and have heard of, western women that will do the same, but not many.

I like how "someone" marks my comment of obvious sarcasm but doesn't state why.
Maybe I should have been more articulate. When the lights are off my good man, every woman feels the same in bed. If you get what I am saying har har haaar! So What I mean is that it doesn't matter what ethnicity she is dear boy. :eek:
I am just tired of these generalized questions that have been asked probably 50,000 times already.

By the way, I have been maried to my Japanese wife for 26 years now and, even though she is a full-time executive, she still does all the things listed above by choice and I am still awed.

I think I am about to change my political stance on human cloning. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom