What's new

I will go in quarantine for the next 6 months!

Davey

先輩
Contributor
5 Feb 2005
I will go in quarantine for the next 6 months

No way I will! I'm just getting upset about this Corona thing.. wish they would sell the beer near my place! Getting upset on how the world is acting on this on how people quarantine. In Holland you can now get a fine for 181 euro if you stand within 1.5 meter from another person in the supermarket... If supermarkets don't act on it they might close... what!

So let's say.. If I have to quarantine myself/ or to stay at home.. what do I do at home for 6 months? Read books, write a journal.. what to do at home when you can't go outside? Looking forward to your suggestions!

Last edited:
I will go in quarantine for the next 6 months

No way I will! I'm just getting upset about this Corona thing.. wish they would sell the beer near my place! Getting upset on how the world is acting on this on how people quarantine. In Holland you can now get a fine for 181 euro if you stand within 1.5 meter from another person in the supermarket... If supermarkets don't act on it they might close... what!

So let's say.. If I have to quarantine myself.. what do I do at home for 6 months? Read books, write a journal.. what to do at home when you can't go outside? Looking forward to your suggestions!
First of all you need to be careful with definitions. There's a big difference between quarantine and stay-at-home orders which usually have many exceptions. Currently I'm under a suspend activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life order. But I'm able to work at home so I'm not idle.
But to answer your question, as long as I have Internet I can easily fritter away my time. I would see myself entering the six months with many things I want to tackle (digitizing years of photos for example) and ending those six months with most if it undone wondering where the time went.

Why not write some articles and journals for JREF? ;)

I really enjoy this tranquil weekend of "recommended curfew": I have enough time to work on my backlog of site-related tasks, bake fresh bread and prepare tomorrow's roast chicken à la Jamie Oliver.

Will you be able to work from home?

Once you get used to it , for some it's easy. Being retired and a hermit at heart , the past few years , I only left my house to gas my 2 cars up once every two weeks. I have no friends or family that I visit , only a few near by neighbors I talk to once in a while. For some introvert people , not leaving their house is OK. My wife always has a "honey to do" list and I find lots of thing inside and outside my house to keep me busy. Between relax/play time on the TV and computer and naps , the time flies by. For people who are social butterflies and enjoy their jobs and going out , it must be very difficult and I feel bad for the effects they must endure. I'm sure being old and retired like myself is very different then people having kids and being young and active. I only posted to say for some (maybe very few) , this "stay at home" order is not bad at all. I hope and pray this virus thing dies out all over the world soon so life can return somewhat back to normal , but fear it may take many more months and lives before it does.

Why not write some articles and journals for JREF? ;)

I really enjoy this tranquil weekend of "recommended curfew": I have enough time to work on my backlog of site-related tasks, bake fresh bread and prepare tomorrow's roast chicken à la Jamie Oliver.

Will you be able to work from home?

If I had that time I would love to write something. So yeah, that would be one thing if I would be at home. Jamie Oliver!! I love him and think I will come over to your place to eat that chicken!!!

Work at home would be hard as I'm teaching young kids. Could prepare certain things but not for months.
Once you get used to it , for some it's easy. Being retired and a hermit at heart , the past few years , I only left my house to gas my 2 cars up once every two weeks. I have no friends or family that I visit , only a few near by neighbors I talk to once in a while. For some introvert people , not leaving their house is OK. My wife always has a "honey to do" list and I find lots of thing inside and outside my house to keep me busy. Between relax/play time on the TV and computer and naps , the time flies by. For people who are social butterflies and enjoy their jobs and going out , it must be very difficult and I feel bad for the effects they must endure. I'm sure being old and retired like myself is very different then people having kids and being young and active. I only posted to say for some (maybe very few) , this "stay at home" order is not bad at all. I hope and pray this virus thing dies out all over the world soon so life can return somewhat back to normal , but fear it may take many more months and lives before it does.

Sounds nice to me. When I'm at your age I might do that as well. Not bad.. guess it gives people time to think about things more than they normally do.

I hear you Davey. Some people think we can survive on eating the grass in the yard I guess.

In India, people who dare to go out are literally being beaten with sticks. I heard that first hand from an Indian.

Back
Top Bottom