What's new

I need to know do these 3 kanji symbols

mystique631

後輩
15 Mar 2016
Hi everyone! I hope someone can give me a quick help here. I need to know do these 3 kanji symbols;

View image: simboli

Mean: 1) NAUGHTY (as in sexually naughty) 2) LOVE 3) PASSION (passion as in love as well, not passion for work or similar)

I hope someone can give me some input. Thank you!

Attachments

• simboli.jpg
    simboli.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 237
1) means tenacious, hardy, strong. There's not an obvious sexual link but you could take it to mean that way I suppose. I don't think there is any naughtiness in it. But there probably isn't a single kanji that means that. You could use エッチ and that would be not at all subtle.
2) Yes. Love.
3) can mean passion but also affection, compassion, emotion, sentiment.

Assuming this is for a tattoo, read this while you're at it: WANT A KANJI TATTOO? Read before you ask | Japan Forum

Thank you very much for your reply! :)
Yes, my girlfriend is looking to get a small tattoo in kanji under her neck / upper back. Third symbol has a good meaning to her, but I tough that "naughty" was a little suspicious and you just can't trust google images with this things. And is there maybe some other symbol in kanji that could have some similar meaning to "sexy" or something like that?

the second kanji is not 愛.
So it's not "love" but "lead on to, therefore, then"
Oops you're right. My bad. 愛 is the one you want.
Third symbol has a good meaning to her, but I tough that "naughty" was a little suspicious and you just can't trust google images with this things. And is there maybe some other symbol in kanji that could have some similar meaning to "sexy" or something like that?
How about 艶? Alluring, captivating, charming and can also mean sexy. (But also gloss/glaze. )
Try not to put them all in a row close together otherwise it will look like a nonsensical word rather than individual kanjis.

Last edited:
Thanks for that love symbol clarification! These two suggestions 尻軽 and 艶 seem quite cool. I guess she would be leaning more towards the 艶 meaning. Would it make sense if all these symbols (love, passion and 艶) would be one below another, in this fashion? http://www.tattoodesigns24.com/tattoopics/kanji/kanji_tattoo_6.jpg
尻軽 means promiscuous. Is that what she's going for?

It would be better to arrange them in a triangle so that it's clear they are not meant to be together.

BTW although I'm assisting you, I should mention, I think it's a bad idea generally to get tattoos in a language you don't understand. 👍

She haven't really decided yet. She loves how symbols look and would like to get some similar tattoo as on that photo above. She wants to put the words "passion, love & naughty" in a row just like on that photo. But since we came to the point "naughty" doesn't really exist she's looking for an alternative. I agree it might be a bit weird to do a tattoo in a foreign language you do not speak but it is what it is. She loves how symbols look. Me for example, I am not into tattoos at all. I am bodybuidling and it would only ruin the look in my sport in my opinion. For her, I mean she's a sexy girl and she loves them so I mean it's okey but I wouldn't do it on myself ever. Okey, back to topic :p promiscuous might be a little to harsh, she likes 艶 meaning more. Now, a triangle would't really be an option for her. She wants it in a row one below the other. So we need to figure out something in that fashion that would make a good sense out of those symbols

The example you showed isn't ideal but you could do that. Even better is if you could put borders around each one. Like maybe in the shape of shogi pieces:
yuryou-600.jpg

the second kanji is not 愛.
So it's not "love" but "lead on to, therefore, then"
The second character means "love". It's not a Japanese kanji but a Chinese hanzi; simplified Chinese character mostly used in Mainland China or Singapore. Indeed these two characters are very similar, but actually different.
爱 爰

Okey, thank you all very much, you were really helpful to us. I really appreciate it! :) If we're in a need of more help I'll get back to you guys

Back
Top Bottom