13 Aug 2014
Why the correct answer is 2?

screenshot-5-jpg.76855

日本(にほん)の家(いえ)は、 どうかわりましたか
1 まどが大(おお)きくなりました
2 まどが少(すく)なくなりました
3 入(い)り口(ぐち)が大(おお)きくなりました
4 入(い)り口(ぐち)が多(おお)くなりました

Isn't number 1 also sounds correct? Japanese house windows are bigger, number 3, entrance has become bigger, and number 4 is clearly wrong, entrance has become a lot...

The question was what changed?
Japanese houses had bigger windows. But now such big-window houses are fewer. (So that means newer houses don't have big windows).
Japanese houses had bigger entrances. The text doesn't say anything about a change regarding the entrances.

They need 15 copies so we know for sure it's (2) or (3). But we know he's not asking her to put the copies inside the packet because he wouldn't say いれてもらうよ if he was asking her to do it. So it must be (2).

family is the direct object of "want to give peace of mind."

the friend is the one doing the giving. Friend is the subject.

By way I think it could be more effective if you could state your thoughts on why other answers might be correct and then we could tell you why they are not.

I am always confused with particle use in Japanese grammar, especially the は、が、で、に、and を, because it just sounds correct with the same other particles...

I am always confused with particle use in Japanese grammar, especially the は、が、で、に、and を, because it just sounds correct with the same other particles...
Yes, it takes a lot of practice. But even if you get it wrong people will usually understand what you're trying to say.

Back
Top Bottom