What's new

I need help on getting started learning Japanese!

Corpus26

後輩
27 Dec 2008
OK I just joined this website a day ago and very happy for that. I been studying Japanese on and off but on my own and its very hard so far I can remember the numbers seance its very easy for me. But now I need help on getting stuff for me to study better. PLS give me a list of what you think I need in a to learn first. I was thinking Kana I guess seance its the most basic or is it?

So far I have at use is Roseta Stone-Japanese and a few work sheets I managed to get to practice. Because where I live the closes place to a Japanese learning school its far away and I have to pay $35 for each set. Like in one year its like $335 the lady said. But that's because they get to go to Japan during classes so its a good deal they pay for everything. So thank You in advance for your Help. Oh and Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. :p

Most first year classes you could probably self study and pass no problem. I would suggest learning hiragana and katakana first. Numbers, in my opinion, should come after the alphabet, but it doesn't really matter. If you really wanted to I'm sure you could learn hiragana (but not necessarily master) in a day.

$335 for a year of study and a paid trip to Japan? If it's not a scam, that's one hell of a deal.

If you can try getting your hands on an actual university Japanese language class textbook. I'm sure you can find them all over the internet with a simple Google search.

www.abebooks.com is a great website. I wish I had known about it when I was paying $500+ for textbooks :(

A great tip for learning the alphabet, numbers, etc. Flashcards. They can work wonders. Write (or better yet, print) the hiragana/katakana symbols onto a flashcard. Then on the reverse, write the romanji equivalent. If you want to go even further, write simple Japanese words using the hiragana symbol. That way you can work on your vocab, as well as learn multiple hiragana at once and how to read them together!

I used Rosetta Stone series for Dutch a few years back and was pretty pleased with the content. Not sure how the Japanese version compares though.

Back
Top Bottom