What's new

I haven't posted in a LONG Time. I just wanted to say something...

Manahaki_Kaori

Proud to be Pinoy
6 Jun 2007
Since the last time I've been on here, two/three years a lot of crap has happened. Like in the world, most definitely. My brother and I were talking about North Korea and their issues with us, or whatever. Then out of the blue he just says:

"We should just nuke them and kill them all."

As much as I love my brother, to me that's just too murderous and won't solve a thing. I wanted to know other people's opinions on the matter...:l

I don't think it would solve the situation and ruin lives of those who are innocent. I'm not saying all North Koreans are 'innocent', like those who did crimes against the innocent. I'm just saying it's not like all of them want to be there or wish death upon people like they're stereotyped.

Every country has a bloody past, no one's perfect.

My family seems to stereotype a lot of people.
:l

Last edited:
Personally, I think a lot of people's mechanisms for survival are set on overdrive, which in eons past was an asset. I've got my own mechanisms set on overdrive I believe, just not that one. I am especially sensitive to possible rejection in social situations.

You seen the lone objective person in the family, which is not easy, but in your case, I think is a step forward in terms of where humanity is going.

Centuries ago, one decided to conquer a country, take all it's resources, enslave the people, and one often did it when the other side threatened your side in terms of resources or just plain survival, or occasionally just the desire for power and more (also hypothesized to be evolutionary based), these days, in an incredibly ever increasing dependency on global partners to do well, one will either get along well, and benefit, or fall by the wayside as other countries benefit each other and marginalize your country.

Circumstances dictate that mindsets that did well in the past, those that conquered and enslaved, will no longer do well, and that those that can benefit from mutually beneficial agreements will.

In one study done, in one on one situations wherein one was selfish and the other altruistic, the selfish destroyed the altruistic, but in situations wherein one group was selfish and the other altruistic, the altruistic group beat out the selfish group. Makes sense. So in ever increasing globalism, the altruistic will win.

Now getting to your question, first I do not completely understand the need to retaliate against those not included in the decision to attack. Then again, I'm not exactly normal or understand normal humans completely. I am more objective, fairer, and not likely to paint someone a target for revenge. I am also colder and careful in what I trust people with, I'll trust people in some ways, but not in others. I probably wouldn't make a good leader given my reluctance to get revenge or paint a target for revenge.

But I do think that given our ever increasing independence on each other, that that is the direction human evolution will take.Those that have tendencies to preemptively attack given a little provocation or think in black and white, as in they're the good guys and they're the bad guys, will miss out on opportunities for at least trust and benefit in some areas. Those that are slow to provocation, and willing to trust more people at least in some respects, will eventually prosper in the newer world.

Of course, through it all must be self interest, as in I'll benefit from this even if I can't trust this guy regarding other things. Humans are after all social animals and thus highly status aware, thus the status war will never end. Those that can balance status awareness against fairness and at least trust in some areas will fare better than those that are less status aware, more likely to think in black and white terms, and simply unable to trust anyone who breaks trust in one area.

No, the attack on Korea, a nuke attack wouldn't do well at all, which is probably why some of the greater minds in gov't haven't just done that already. Nor would it be fair to the citizens, but then again, war never is fair.

Just random thoughts from a gin soaked mind, or rather I'm willing to debate them, have them criticized, and perhaps create a stronger argument or completely change my mind. I've done both in the past, and I love the internet for that, people are more willing to attack ideas they don't agree with on the net.

The people of N.Korea are a desperate people, with the vast majority living in hunger & poverty. However you feel about your dictator over there, to speak against him or the government amounts to treason and so you risk your life (or quite often, your families lives) even just speaking up against how your own country runs itself etc.
The people of N.Korea are also a very closed people, with access to infortmation about the world outside N.Korea being severely restricted & limited. A lot of people really don't know anything truthful about the outside world and can only go by what they are told by their leaders.

So if the people of N.Korea did mount an attack on another country like S.Korea, Japan, the USA, England etc, i wouldn't feel hateful towards the N.Korean people but rather its government which subjects them to so much suffering and inflicts great wrongs upon us too. In a N.Korean attack, its very own civilians would be just as much victims as we would be as our retaliation would most likely be brutal on them. They would be dragged into a situation of war no more freely then we would be.

And i don't think that we are the best thing sliced bread. Sure, we ARE better than most other countries/nations, but our own governments are not free of corruption and our own politicions are not selfless good willed people. The N.Korean situation is massively political and is not necessarily a black & white issue. I would be extremely apprehensive to go start any wars with them. Only in the case of true self-defence (which is quite rare these days) that i think we should mess around in that Asian muddle.

Anyhoo, N.Korea is not necessarily the threat in itself, its who it buddies up with thats who. Its a very complex situation :( ...

Back
Top Bottom