What's new

How's my kanji?

MWThomas

後輩
29 Nov 2004
Those are three kanji that I learned today, and my only three. I used the on-yomi for all three. Did I get them right?

Hi Thomas!
Congratulations on your first try! 👍

To improve your kanji writing, you need to learn stroke order and balance among the radicals that make up a kanji character.

Do you have a textbook or guide to explain this to you? If not, try find one. Preferably, a book form is better.

To give you a better idea of what the kanji should look like when handwritten, I'm posting the following. Please note that the model kanji you should imitate is the one at the top left. The other two are employed by calligraphers and more seasoned writers.

0971.jpg

0048.jpg

0982.jpg

Good luck in your effort! :)

Could you link me to a complete list of the 1,945 common kanji, as in the links you provided?

The site I referred to is the only one that shows handwritten kanji characters, but they are only for the 1006 "kyoiku" kanji learned from Grades 1 through 6.

Click each character to see the handwritten form:
書道三体字典、日沼古菴書

I don't know of any other kanji sites offering handwriting for all joyo kanji. Otherwise, this is a list of all joyo characters:
第一水準漢字

Other kanji learning sites:
The Most Common Kanji to Know

If you are interested in learning the stroke order, focusing on the 1006 kyoiku kanji will help you tremendously, since these characters lay the foundation for stroke order. Once you master them, you will be able to figure out the order easily (although there still are exceptions, of course:p )

thanks epigene! for the links..
iw as trying to look for kanji for beginners..
hontou ni arigatou..

Minna san, kanji o oboeru toku, nani o shittara ii to omau? Kanji va totemo muzukashii desunee ☝

Back
Top Bottom