What's new

How Japan Has Almost Eradicated Gun Crime

Not only should we be allowed handguns but according to our 2nd amendment, we should be allowed to have any kind of weapon we want. including anything that the military has.

Totally agree. I want to buy an MGM-140B surface-to-surface missile, with GPS guidance, and companion M270 launcher, and no stinking bureaucrat is going to tell me I can't have it. I know my rights.

I have a slightly used M-39 that I'm willing to let go cheap if you pick it up here in Maine. Only fired it twice , the darn neighbors complained about the noise. It is hard on gas , only 3 MPG. I'll throw in two 55 GAL drums of .223 ammo to sweeten the deal.
m39.jpg

Maybe you guys think it is funny or overreacting or maybe it is because you guys aren't American and don't know freedom but when the SHTF I feel better if I have the right to fight back.

I take the gun thing serious , but I also understand when other people don't get the "gun" thing. I think a lot of it is not only a culture thing , but also a family thing. You would think in Maine , everyone would be into guns a bit , but 50% of the people I know here , including cops and military want nothing to do with guns and know little to nothing about them. I have 25 (so far) military ammo boxes filled with all the different caliper ammo for the guns I own. Each caliper I have has the different types and different weight bullets(Hollow point/full metal jacket/ armor piercing/etc.). If my guns have magazine feed , I try to have 5/10/15/20/and 30 round magazines for each. I've been shooting for 65 years and have been lucky enough to buy what I want for guns. But , I also understand when some people think I'm crazy and my collection terrifies them. I also feel , in my mellow old age , that if police or military show up on my doorstep to take my guns , I will surrender them peacefully and fight them in court , not with bullets.

Attachments

• ab.jpg
    ab.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 108
If that time comes then you won't be able to do much in court. The court is for before they take your guns. The problem with much of America and most of the world is they don't understand the importance of the 2nd. Without the 2nd, the 1st is just a piece of paper. They think it is funny what I said about having the same stuff the military has but that is how we won our revolution.

I feel your pain yamcha...but I also get the jokes.

I don't want plain old members of the public having top end military hardware, just like those joking don't. This is why I keep talking about militias. They need to be brought back and they need to be completely serious and taken seriously. They need to be certified in some sense and acknowledged by the government but otherwise completely free of the government. Anything above a basic small arm should be kept locked up at their local base. Anyone (except police who should be barred from militia membership) with such small arms at home should be required to be a militia member and undergo training, evaluation and licensing by that militia. Any non-emergency trouble with any member should be handled by that militia...such as a member failing evaluation and needing their firearms confiscated...with police help being optional to the militia if they request help.

In fact, I might be willing to just do away with local police in favor of militias. State and federal can handle the rest.

Do you think we would have a chance with our guns and rifles against the military if we ALL were armed and trained to some degree? I don't. Maybe 50 or 60 years ago but not with the tech they have now. You know that they can see through walls and ceven oncrete, right?

Back
Top Bottom