What's new

How do you search for individuals in Japan?

kinjo

後輩
15 Mar 2002
🙂

Hi again,

I've posted two messages and received no replies, and I'm assuming that means no one knows the Yamamoto family from Kamakura that I'm trying to locate.

In other searches I've done, I keep running into directories that help you locate business, but not individuals. Is there an online Japanese equivalent of the American White Pages, which lists names, addresses and phone numbers?

I greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks,
Deb🙂

Hi Deb, i ran into the same problem with the yellow pages and no white pages. I'am trying to locate someone myself and having a hard time. What i did was write a letter to this person without having all the address information, did have the town, and mailed it in hope it gets there. Good luck.

Hi Thomas,

I didn't have any luck finding White Pages in Japan, but fortunately I DID find the Yamamotos!

Another member of the Forum was looking for Seiji Yamamoto as well, and was able to give me more recent information. I contacted his daughter through her website, and we are now in touch via e-mail. So don't give up... sometimes it's just a matter of luck and detective work!

Deb

Deb, I'm glad it worked out for you, i'm still trying hopefully something will give. Maybe someone will see my post who knows. I may end up going there. Take care. Thomas

If you think they are listed in the phone book, I would call Japanese information (or have somebody call for me). You need to know the city and the person's last & first names. It's best if you know the kanji used to spell the names. As far as I know you can't call information (104) from overseas but it seems like it should be possible.

Back
Top Bottom