What's new

How do you say "I love my"?

It depends entirely on the person in question. Saying you love your granddaughter or best friend is going to be a different verb than your husband.

It's to a girl who i have alot of affection to and i wanted to say to her "I Love my Kayle" 😊 but is it possible to say that in japanese? Oh and by the way i am new and i'm very intrested in japanese because i have feelings for some girl and want to express my emotions to her in a diffrent language that i like alot. ;)

you could say "wo ai ni" its i love you im not sure if thats what you want, or who inparticular it should be aimed at, ie lover, grandma etc.

Actually I love you to a romantic partner is (persons name or pronoun)wo aishite iru. "Wo ni ai" is Mandrin :D.

Thanks for your help 🙂 , oh i got another one if you don't mind sorry if i'm annoying 😊

How do you say: "Your always be in my heart"?

Originally posted by jeisan
so who/what is wo ai ni for?
It is Chinese! :D. Love is still "ai", you is "ni", and I = "wo" (which may also be the character for "wagamama" in Japanese -- I'm not sure). Just don't ask me to pronounce it. :p

Originally posted by Setsu_Mudo
Thanks for your help 🙂 , oh i got another one if you don't mind sorry if i'm annoying 😊

How do you say: "Your always be in my heart"?

Anata wa tsuneni watashi no kokoro ni iru deshyou. (?)

And if you wanted to add "My spirit will always be with you" you would need to learn:

Watashi no tamashii wa tsuneni anata to tomoni (aru deshyou).

While "our spirits will always be together" is even more convoluted...:eek:

Originally posted by Elizabeth
It is Chinese! :D. Love is still "ai", you is "ni", and I = "wo" (which may also be the character for "wagamama" in Japanese -- I'm not sure). Just don't ask me to pronounce it. :p

like this:

Attachments

• woaini.wav
    12.8 KB · Views: 167
Is that a native speaker? The "ni" doesn't sound like the "ni" in "inau" (How are you?) at all. I think I'm way over my head already :D.

I was also always told that the formal way of saying "I love you" was, "Watashi wa anata o aishite imasu" and that the informal way was "aishite ru"...

i dunno if its a native speaker or not, the clip came from a gest i got years ago when i used to chat in vp. im not sure about the japanese or "inau" but in chinese how are you is "ni hao ma"

Originally posted by jeisan
i dunno if its a native speaker or not, the clip came from a gest i got years ago when i used to chat in vp. im not sure about the japanese or "inau" but in chinese how are you is "ni hao ma"
Yes, I thought I remembered hearing something like "nihao" but probably just had it written down wrong. Is the "ma" often left off then? Of course Japanese is just "genki desuka?"

Originally posted by kirei_na_me
I was also always told that the formal way of saying "I love you" was, "Watashi wa anata o aishite imasu" and that the informal way was "aishite ru"...
There's also "daisuki" of course that I think is still acceptable for spouses/lovers, but that may sound somewhat more immature or at least less intense than ai. A good thing Japanese people don't need to use these very often! :D

"ma" is a particle that goes on the end of a sentance to make it a question. "ni hao" means hello.id like to give another example but i cant think of one right now and i dont have my reference books here either.

Yes, I thought it might be serving as a question word, so I put other questions through a machine translator and those came back with different endings....? or at least different characters, maybe all having the same reading.

fwiw, I ran the woaini clip past a native speaker and it didn't mean anything to her.

To the original poster, please note that the "wo" in "wo aishite iru" is pronounced "oh" (like kirei-na-me wrote).

elizibeth: i think it just depends on the question you put in the translator, and if you put a question mark on the end or not. i played with babel fish abit.

japanese or chinese mdchachi? because now im pretty sure i got the languages crossed in my original post.
so setsu mudo just ignore anything ive said. sorry :p

> japanese or chinese mdchachi? because now im pretty sure i got the languages crossed in my original post.

Japanese of course. (This is a site about Japan, after all)

;)

Back
Top Bottom