What's new

How do they treat girls?

mdchachi said:
That's better than poking holes in their ears (or cutting foreskins off their chinchin ;-) -- all common practices in the USA.

i thought the purpose of circumsion was to prevent later infections that can result from keeping the foreskin on! :D

ashuri2 said:
i thought the purpose of circumsion was to prevent later infections that can result from keeping the foreskin on! :D

Yes, the custom began 3000 or 4000 years ago in the middle-east when showers weren't widely available .

Today's sanitary habits of the West, the custom is not a medical necessity.

😄

But mutilating a little girl makes no sense at all other than assuming complete dominance over her life.

waiting for Ippolito

Now there is ONE of the answer given by... whoever. Let's wait and see what else Ippolito has to say :

The face and body of the Mongols result from adaptations to the bitter cold of Siberia. The body, and particularly the head, tends to be round, increasing body volume. The evaporative surface area of the skin is thus reduced relative to body volume, and less heat is lost. The nose is small and less likely to freeze, and the nostrils are narrow, warming the air before it reaches the lungs. Eyes are protected from the cold Siberian air by fatty folds of skin. Racial differences also result from the particular tastes of individuals via sexual selection.

Of course, it does'nt mean this one is the right one LOL LOL LOL (I'm mischievous, you know) 👍

Waiting for Ippolito part 2

An answer given by Cecil Adams (quoted)

The question, is what the function is of the "epicanthic fold," the extra flap of skin that gives orientals a sort of double upper eyelid. Anthropologists aren't sure, but their best guess is that it's an adaptation that protects against cold and glare. The theory is that the people who eventually became the Mongoloid race were trapped in Siberia by the glaciers during the last ice age, from 50,000 to 25,000 years ago. During that time, when life was truly survival of the fittest and evolution was rapid, the proto-Mongoloids developed a number of physical traits that helped them cope with the bitter weather. For one thing, their noses became flattened, which minimizes exposure to the elements and thus reduces the risk of frostbite. The nostrils got narrower, enabling inhaled air to be warmed up more efficiently and preventing cold air from reaching the lungs. Their faces gradually became round and flat and lined with fat, which acts as an insulator. The eyelids picked up a layer of fat as well, and I suppose without an epicanthic fold they might be a bit difficult to open and close.

Then again, maybe the whole thing was just an accident. Life is like that sometimes.

Well, you see, it's all a matter of interpratation, but it all comes down to the same thing : Nature will make you adapt, very quickly in any situation...

Now you will read some other places that a large community of black african bushmans (called... the yellow bushmans...!!!) have exactly the same type of eyes features and the never went to Siberia or Mongolia. (Well, who knows....LOL). And then you have some european (rare) with same features and they do not have any asian ancestors. So what ?

And you'll notice that some south americans populations such as Incas and Mayas have also this feature. But them, we know for sure, came from Asia, long before we were born, and were ancestors to the american indians (Sitting Bull & all the others). So what ?

One thing I say : Stay close to utter wonder at what Mother Nature can offer us. Open your eyes wide, no matter they are asian or european eyes, funnily enough, we are bound to see the same thing.

Yes is the same text I have read in the scientific magazine.....
one strange thing in one of my travels i have spent 2 weeks in Nossy be
a nice little island near the main Madagascar.....there I saw many africans with
oriental eyes is the only place in Africa with this particular ethnic caratteristic.
One question.....can you dinstinguish a korean from a japanese?
I can understand only looking how they dress.....
I am agree that everywere it possible to find very nice people end bad people...
Ippolito
kumbawa kup su nida domo arigato
chinese when come here it is easy to understand as they wear horrible clothes
meanwhile japanese women have sometime very nice dresses....(perhaps they bought in Milan or in Rome)....I saw many jp customers in via condotti near the spanish steps were are Valentino, roberto Cavalli Yves Sanlaurant Bulgari shops

recognize my sisters...

ippolito said:
Yes is the same text I have read in the scientific magazine.....
one strange thing in one of my travels i have spent 2 weeks in Nossy be
a nice little island near the main Madagascar.....there I saw many africans with oriental eyes is the only place in Africa with this particular ethnic caratteristic.

Well, as it is written in both articles, the eye protection has been "added" by mother nature to protect from snow glare and brightness. As an Italian, you go to the sea side, maybe in Rimini or other, and... you wear sunglasses to protect you from the sun's reflection off the water. Ok so it's the same for people living in this island, they have probably developped that through the ages. Do you remember the name of the island ? I could probably tell you that there is a remote possibility that they are of asian descent, but I have to know of which island you are talking about.

One question.....can you dinstinguish a korean from a japanese?
I can understand only looking how they dress.....

The answer is : yes, but not really. Explanation : Basically, Asian inhabitants from Mongolia, China, Japan, Korea, are of the very same species. Japanes, since they lived "isolated" on an island for a long time have developped facial bones structures and skin complexion slightly different from the continent. Then same thing happened with korean in a different way. So, at one stage, the were quiet different. You can stil see the difference fairly well today when you compare a "pure bred korean" (I dont like the term, but it's the one that goes along with it...) with a "pure bred japanese". But since Korea was invaded several times by chinese and japanese, the "extra-territorial" breeding has taken it's toll (if I may say so). The more it is easy to travel, the more difficult it will become to tell the difference, in a few generation that is. But today it is still possible. Of course clothes, languages, accents, and comportments can help you a lot.

I am agree that everywere it possible to find very nice people end bad people...
Ippolito
kumbawa kup su nida domo arigato
chinese when come here it is easy to understand as they wear horrible clothes Hold on the ramp Ippolito, in a few years the chinese will be the best clients for all those fancy shops you are talking about. just be patient and, if yo9u are wise, open one of those shop right now, and learn chines. You'll be a rich man within 10 years...

meanwhile japanese women have sometime very nice dresses....(perhaps they bought in Milan or in Rome)....I saw many jp customers in via condotti near the spanish steps were are Valentino, roberto Cavalli Yves Sanlaurant Bulgari shops

have a good day Ippolito san, and say hello to Venezia, the city of my dreams

Well "Ascate" your english is superb......for a japanese.....
Yes all say that China will grow in the next 10 years a lot...
It is too difficolt for me to learn chinese now....i speak english and spanish
some jp words and korean
I should begin a course in italian in June as to get a diploma to teach italian
itariago to foreigners...I already have a school in partnership ready to start in Sep.
and many contacts with jp an kr comunity as to have some sutdents...
but it is hard for me as 1 month full immersion course and i am not young...anymore
back to school...again ....
Actually I teach air tariff to a pubblic tourism school but never teached to a multietnic group-
Also for me is difficolt to distinguish a german from and english or irish
if they do not say a word....also can make some problems people from Sweden
Danimark or Finland......even can make confusion to identify
Romanian bulgarian albanese polish etc....
Did you study antrophology?
the island is Nossy be is a turistic place in north west of Madagascar the biggest island in Africa.
Also you "Ascate" have a nice day i see Venezia in tv I have been there twice
for some days...but have you been in Rome? As you came in Italy
I will say hello to Venezia.

In that article about eyes is the same explantions more about he nose
as we have a bigger nose generally...is beacuse the great cold in siberia
the caucasian 25000 years ago moving to far east via Siberia they
created natural defences for such cold and windy places
ciao
Ippolito

ascate said:
have a good day Ippolito san, and say hello to Venezia, the city of my dreams

The Ainus of Northern Japan and Sakhalin Islands have/had facial features unlike any other Oriental groups.

Where did they come from?

Getting back on topic --

How do the Ainus treat women?

ippolito said:
some jp words and korean
itariago to foreigners...I already have a school in partnership ready to start in Sep.
but it is hard for me as 1 month full immersion course and i am not young...anymore
Actually I teach air tariff to a pubblic tourism school but never teached to a multietnic group-
Did you study antrophology? Oh YES !!!!

the island is Nossy be is a turistic place in north west of Madagascar the biggest island in Africa.
Well, that's it Ippolito, Nosy Be the largest and Nosy Faly are two of the Islands off the north-west coast of Madagascar ( a 3rd one is called Nosy Sainte Marie on the north-east coast). Now the first humans to come to the then deserted area (Madagascar and surroundings) were mostly Africans, coming to the east / south east, and a rather large numbers of Indonesians and Malaysian migrants came to the more northern part of Madagascar. (and now you know why you have seen "asian eyes" over there!!!) All those people arrived between year 0 and 900 of our era, (it's not known precisely but happenend over a rather long period of time) which means more than 1'000 to 2'000 years ago. They were called "Merinas" also known as "Hovas", close parents to the "Bestileos" They had a lot of time to mix, the eye feature stayed and the dark skin stayed. Lovely mix, I must say. And that is what you have seen when you recently travelled over there. You'll find almost the same mix in the Comores, Mayotte and Maritius Islands.
But of course, the same population of Malaysian and Indonesian migrants missed the island of Madagascar and therefore arrived on the African continent as well. So it's not much of a surprise to find "asian eyed" black tribes.

for some days...but have you been in Rome? yes i have and it's a beauty. I'll be back..

ippolito said:
Well "Ascate" your english is superb......for a japanese.....dont worry, I'm not only japanese... it'a real "fruit salad" inside little me !!!!! LOL !!!

abook

Hey "ascate" you are like a book.....you know everything...so I
get you that you study or studied antropology..
you are so clever in all subjects...
I have been in Nossy be as in Mauritius and Sayshelles and phuket
and Maldives ....but my favorite is Rangiroa in the tuamoto islands
french Polinesya....i saw many japanese there is very expensive place
but it is a paradise....I went in a daytour in the Bluelagoon
and there are some small islands without habiatants
and is if i could image what is paradise for catholics i would say
that place where the time was stopped.....
if you wish to see it go in Yahoo and put on searh
Rangiroa pisctures ...or write e for pictures
[email protected]
i will send some in attach file
In Madagascar I have not seen toll people....
when I went there it was possible to scuba and fishing underwater..
I do not know now.....
have a nice day

yimija said:
ippolito said:
some jp words and korean
Did you study antrophology? Oh YES !!!!

Well, that's it Ippolito, Nosy Be the largest and Nosy Faly are two of the Islands off the north-west coast of Madagascar ( a 3rd one is called Nosy Sainte Marie on the north-east coast). Now the first humans to come to the then deserted area (Madagascar and surroundings) were mostly Africans, coming to the east / south east, and a rather large numbers of Indonesians and Malaysian migrants came to the more northern part of Madagascar. (and now you know why you have seen "asian eyes" over there!!!) All those people arrived between year 0 and 900 of our era, (it's not known precisely but happenend over a rather long period of time) which means more than 1'000 to 2'000 years ago. They were called "Merinas" also known as "Hovas", close parents to the "Bestileos" They had a lot of time to mix, the eye feature stayed and the dark skin stayed. Lovely mix, I must say. And that is what you have seen when you recently travelled over there. You'll find almost the same mix in the Comores, Mayotte and Maritius Islands.
But of course, the same population of Malaysian and Indonesian migrants missed the island of Madagascar and therefore arrived on the African continent as well. So it's not much of a surprise to find "asian eyed" black tribes.

for some days...but have you been in Rome? yes i have and it's a beauty. I'll be back..

ippolito said:
Well "Ascate" your english is superb......for a japanese.....dont worry, I'm not only japanese... it'a real "fruit salad" inside little me !!!!! LOL !!!

ippolito said:
Hey "ascate" you are like a book.....you know everything...so I
get you that you study or studied antropology..
you are so clever in all subjects...
I have been in Nossy be as in Mauritius and Sayshelles and phuket
and Maldives ....but my favorite is Rangiroa in the tuamoto islands
french Polinesya....
thank you for the compliment, but it's my job. In fact it's called anthropo-paleontology, and it's also a passion.

Yes I agree, Rangiroa is a great place excepted that it's too close to Mururoa (where the french installed their atomic trial center in 1963) for my liking, We do not know exactly what the real damage will be later. And if one of thos "bottle" crack open, it will be a disaster... Let's pray that it doesnt.

yimija said:
thank you for the compliment, but it's my job. In fact it's called anthropo-paleontology, and it's also a passion.
That really sounds damn interesting 👍
I wish I could do something that interesting as well, or at least only half that insteresting :(

What ?

Lina Inverse said:
That really sounds damn interesting 👍
I wish I could do something that interesting as well, or at least only half that insteresting :(

Hi sweet Lina Inverse,
Yes it is damn interesting because I wanted it to be like that, and I made it to happend.
I dont really understand why you say that. You seem to be an intelligent, open-minded and YOUNG person, no ? And don't tell me you do not have a passion in your life (apart corn flakes... LOL, it's joke...). I'm sure you have some important interests. So what is stopping you ? If you only "wish" you could do something, it will not work. But if you "WANT" to do something, then it'll be all right, right to the top. Don't look at others, just look at you and be proud of who you are because you are worth it, probably a lot more than you think.

love
Mi-ja

In Japanese schools, kids are never addressed by the teacher by their first names. Kids are always called by their last names. Boys get the suffix "-kun" and girls "-san". The kids themselves call each other by their last names and barely even know what the other kids' first names are. Kids who are bullies call others without the -kun suffix.

When attendance is taken in class, boys' names are read out first, then girls'.

However, when kids in the same neighborhood play with each other (who do not go to school together) might call each other by their first names and add the suffix "-chan".

Back
Top Bottom