What's new

How do I say?

Look to the stars for what? A literal translation would probably get you something more like "look towards the stars" or "stare up at the stars..." :eek:

hmm, i wouldn't really know. this one translator site said it was rukkutsuu za sutaasu. i think there is some extra letters and stuff like that. :p

Originally posted by nikki_the_insane
hmm, i wouldn't really know. this one translator site said it was rukkutsuu za sutaasu. i think there is some extra letters and stuff like that. :p

sounds like Engrish to me.

Originally posted by nikki_the_insane

that translation is based on katakana/hiragana not kanji...

Hard to believe it is either kanji or kana-based ;). Is this an actual online text translation service?

yeah good point shigatsu i think theres meant to be a space there too
"rukku tsuu za sutaasu" but its still a phonetic translation, rather than a real one.

Originally posted by mdchachi
Do you mean literally? If so, then how about:

hoshi he miyou
or
sora he miyou
But drawing this expression to one logical conclusion, doesn't something like "hoshi he mi ni ikimashou" mean literally "let's go up to the stars and look at them through a spaceship?" Not simply go outside and look as it comes across in English....:)

Last edited:
Yeah, along with "hoshi wo nagamete" (眺めて : watch, look, gaze up at) are both perfectly natural.

^ Well, the Japanese way is "suki desu/da." ( like [you])

The overly super-emotional oh-my-God-I'm-probably-going-to-jilt-you-someday way is "ai shiteru." ( am in love [with you])

The [] things are implied.

I think the translator was under Bisqwit's Translation tools. I don't think they are very acurate. :( Does anyone know of an acurate one?

Back
Top Bottom