What's new

How do I say "Video game" in 日本語

GoldCoinLover

後輩
24 May 2004
こにちわ,

I am learning japanese. 日本語はわたしのする勉強します。
Please excuse my bad japanese. I was wondering how to say "Video game" in japan. I want to say:
Subject "Video games"
"I really liked your video of you smashing the PSP. I am an american (I know how to say this: 私のアメリカいます。Watashi no amerikin-jin imasu.)
How's the weather like in japan? I look forward to hearing from you.

~Kevin. (ケビ)

GoldCoinLover said:
こにちわ,

にち

GoldCoinLover said:
I am learning japanese. 日本語はわたしのする勉強します。

私は日本語を勉強しています。
I am studying Japanese.

私は日本語を学んでいます。
I am learning Japanese.

GoldCoinLover said:
I was wondering how to say "Video game" in japan.

Japanese? The answer is here.

GoldCoinLover said:
"I really liked your video of you smashing the PSP.

あなたがPSPを壊したビデオが大好きですよ。

GoldCoinLover said:
I am an american (I know how to say this: 私のアメリカいます。

(私は)アメリカ人です。

GoldCoinLover said:
How's the weather like in japan? I look forward to hearing from you.

今の日本の天気はどうですか。お返事を待っていますよ。

Of course, it would be better to get translations from a native speaker. My Japanese isn't always very natural.

hehe here a piccy !

ビデオ(bideo) ゲム (gemu) in kataka written, that's one way how u can write it :) !

Console games are テレビゲーム and arcades are usually just called ゲーム but sometimes you see them listed as アーケードゲーム. It can be confusing at times.

I'm pretty sure it's not permanent.... If it is, I would feel sorry for him b/c of the goofy colors.

Question

I was curious as to how to use that dictionary which was on the link. I'm trying to figure our how to say a friends "game name" with japanese.

His name is RedEagle

I would assume he would want (red) "Akai" and then whatever (eagle) is in japanese. Would you put the Eagle kanji infront of the Red Kanji or just simply go Red then Eagle still? Can you help me figure out how to use that dictionary to find how how to say Red in Kanji as well as Eagle in Kanji?

thanks very much

It doesn't really work like that. In that case, you would just say Red Eagle in katakana. Nothing Japanese laugh at more than trying to over Japanify things. Of course you could translate it, and other things, just usually sounds really goofy.

Back
Top Bottom