What's new

How do I make Momopan???

umailabs

Rose
2 Jul 2010
🙂

Hello! I am new here to JapanForum! I joined because everyone seems very friendly and likes to help each other prepare the most authentic Japanese food possible.

Recently I have been trying to make momopan. Momopan is that bread found in Japanese bakeries in the late spring that is soft and chewy on the outiside and filled with peaches and cream on the inside. When I lived in Japan I would eat it every spring. I miss it so much now.

I have already done a few experiments. But I can't seem to figure out how to cook the bread without the outside turning brown and hard. I have tried using water-roux and steaming. Still without the proper results. Does anyone know the secret?

Thanks for the help!

Oh this is great! Thank you. I have checked cookpad a few times but couldn't find anything myself!

Thanks again.

Here's a recipe for momopan, though the filling is different from your description.
Tinned peach and cream cheese are used here, if you want to replace it with the fresh whipped cream, you should put it inside after baking the bread, I guess.

I can't read much. If I am not wrong, that is a peach bread? sweet bread is not my favorite, but is that sold in convenience stores?

It was available in convenience stores very often. However I did find them a lot at bakeries. It is a sweet peach flavored bun.

Back
Top Bottom