What's new

Honesty is important - so here's the story..

jupiter88

後輩
16 Jun 2008
Hello Everyone,
I have posted twice on this forum, and someone pointed out that I am just trying to promote a band. Well, I am. The band named Beyond the Fall is my brother's and the reason I am doing this is because the recording industry makes it almost impossible for a unique band to succeed these days. First of all, to make a long story short, this band managed to get airplay for their first single on a station in Cincinatti, Ohio and it was requested constantly. They travelled from Vancouver, Canada to perform there and were treated like conquering Rock stars, a packed sold out show, getting recognized on the street, having the whole audience sing the words to their songs and mobbing them. The station in Cincinatti took a chance and that was what happened. But because they do not sound like Nickelback, or AFI, or Daughtry, and are signed to an Indie label, no other stations will play them, including their home stations in Canada. All of their songs are good, not just the single that is currently released.
I am writing this to ask my fellow beings on this planet to do a favor for a talented band, and five of the nicest guys, and go to their website, listen to this amazing song, and post whether you think it is great. The website is myspace.com/beyondthefallmusic and the song is Day In the Death Of. If you like the song, adding them would be the most I could also ask for. I am determined to help them achieve the recognition they deserve, and to right an injustice. If you do not like them, thanks for your time, anyhow.
Thanks so much!

You have to remember also............

the JREF forum is to do with Japanese things. Promoting non-Japanese things, even under chit chat is really a kind of spam from the forums point of view. We ban several spammers a day to keep our forum "clean" for our members and readers. Each of these banned people feels they have a good reason to promote their product(although many do so to earn money). Look at it this way; what if MacDonalds showed up at your house to paste ads on your house and car, and when your protest, they say "but it's a great place to eat!" Chances are you would clean the ads off and tell them to scram. Would your local newspaper run a "free" ad for you, probably not. How about an add in TIME or NEWSWEEK for free, not gonna happen. Running a forum costs a ton of money. Paying for software and servers etc. is a big investment. To expect an internet forum to run an ad for free is not really fair or realistic. So when you post spam here, be it hard core or soft & hidden, expect it to be deleted and your membership terminated.

Uncle Frank

:(

You are so right that honesty is important, so I think I ought to come clean.

I've been posting here for a few years, but really I am MRS. SUSAN SHABANGU, a mother of three children and the Deputy Minister of Safety and Security since 29th April 1996 to date under the auspices of the President of South Africa MR. THABO MBEKI.

After due deliberation with my children, I decided to contact you for your assistance in standing as a beneficiary to the sum of US$30.5M ( Thirty Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only) You can view my profile at my website www.gov.za click on, Contact Information, then click on Deputy Minister, and click on Safety and Security, finally click on my name susan shabangu and read about me.

THE PROPOSAL, After the swearing in ceremony making me the Deputy Minister of Safety and Security, my husband Mr. Ndelebe Shabangu died while he was on an official trip to Trinidad and Tobago in 1996. After his death, I discovered that he had some funds in a dollar account which amounted to the sum of US$30.5M with a security and finance institution in South Africa of which I will divulge information to you when I get your full consent and support to go for a change of beneficiary and subsequent transfer of the funds into you a comfortable and conducive account of your choice.

This fund emanated as a result of an over-invoiced contract which he executed with the Government of South Africa. Though I assisted him in getting this contract but I never knew that it was over-invoiced by him. I am afraid that the Government of South Africa. might start to investigate on contracts awarded from 1990 to date. If they discover this money in his bank account, they will confiscate it and seize his assets here in South Africa. and this will definitely affect my political career in government.

I want your assistance in opening an account with bankers through my banker so that this fund could be wired into your account directly without any hitch. As soon as the fund gets to your account, you are expected to move it immediately into another personal bank account in your country.

I will see to it that the account is not traced from South Africa. As soon as you have confirmed the fund into your account, I will send my eldest son with my Attorney to come to your country to discuss on business investments. For your assistance, I am offering you 20% of the principal sum which amounts to US$6,100.000.00 (Six million One Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only) However, you have to assure me and also be ready to go into agreement with me that you will not elope with my fund. If you agree to my terms, kindly as a matter of urgency send me an email. Due to my sensitive position in the South African Government,
PLEASE DO NOT CALL ME ON LINE, BECAUSE OF THE SENSITIVITY OF THIS TRANSACTION EXCEPT YOU CAN CALL MY SON ON HIS DIRECT LINE ABOVE AD BELLOW, his name is Martin Shabangu.

I prefer you send me email than call. All correspondence must be by email to my private email address [email protected]

If you want to speak with my Banker, that is fine and okay by me. You will have to send down your private telephone /fax number so that i can forward it to him to reach you from time to time and this is for security reasons.

Please I do not need to remind you of the need for absolute Confidentiality of this transaction must succeed. If you do not feel comfortable with this transaction, do not hesitate to discontinue.

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation and my regards to your family.

MRS.SUSAN SHABANGU
Dept. Minister Safety & Security
South Africa.
TEL:+27-735773257

Watch out !

I have sent seven checks for $500US each to Mrs. Shabangu over the past year and have not got a penny back yet. I swear my next check for $1000US will be my last!

Uncle Frank

:eek:

Upon receipt of your latest payment, the total sum will be released from escrow and you can move to your private island off the coast of Japan, Mr. Frank :p

Very clever, nice gaijin! I first encountered one of those letters when one came to the plant where I worked. I recognized it immediately as something suspicious, but nobody at the plant wanted to turn it over to any sort of law enforcement/investigative agency.

yeah, there's really nothing anyone can do about those Nigerian love letters. Although they can be very dangerous for people that fall for them, there seems to be little interest in investigating or punishing those scammers. I just got this little gem the other day... at least they use current names and events to make themselves more convincing. Hats off for ingenuity.

the JREF forum is to do with Japanese things. Promoting non-Japanese things, even under chit chat is really a kind of spam from the forums point of view.

Promotions aside, I get tired of a certain few whose primary participation here seems to consist of loading up chit-chat (and even serious discussion) with things not even remotely related to Japan. I can understand it every now and then, but some folks seem to make it their life's work.

Hello,
I had originally posted to the music forum, and was told it was only for Japanese music, so I was moved to this forum. The person who moved me and informed me why, did not state that I could not write about non Japanese subjects. If this is true, I apologize for this, and will cease from contacts in the future. I thought music was of global interest and as such, that it would be acceptable.

Time may be just the illusion that keeps most of us from the state of what we ascribe as being, well, somewhat insane?...is it? I mean, if it all boiled down to nothing more than here and now, and entropy, then, I guess I would surely be a lost cause; nothing more to say.

However, being a part of the active enforcement of JREF, to the degree that I have the right to press such position, I will fully and most intensively put forth the argument that there are sections of this forum that have absolutely no requirement to pertain to Japan in any way whatsoever. Serious Discussions and Chit Chat & Miscellaneous are two such sections.

That said, promotion of the sort which could be seen to amount to little (at most) more than selling an item...or even a beloved musical group...could equally be seen as spam...of a sort.

Please do not see this as any type of correction, (if such interpretation might be the case) Mike, Uncle Frank, but rather as a reminder that (to the degree that my understanding serves me correctly) these particular sections do, in fact, not require any relation to Japan, or things Japanese at all.

Spamming, however, is a different story.

MM

I understand all that, MM. It's just that a certain few take it to extremes.

Back
Top Bottom