What's new

Help translating

Seppuku

先輩
26 Aug 2003
I'm sure you guys get a lot of these, but you do such an excellent job at it. Keep it up, ok I have a lot of manga and novels in Japanese (about 60 or so if anyone cares) I can read them pretty well but understand about 3% of them and here's one I have been thinking bout a lot its
"kore kara wa kore desu" I read this in an ad in a magazine. I think it means something like "this is from this" it has a picture of a news anchorman saying it, so if it is "this is from this", is that the Japanese way of saying "this just in" or something like that?

And on a second note, how do you guys write in Japanese here?

In the case of an ad, you can understand it something like "From now on, this is it!" or from now on, this is all you'll need, this is the next big thing, etc.

Seppuku, did Chuck speak Japanese or did you translate that? :D

I like Death. Also, Human is my favorite album.

And for the sake of staying on topic.. can someone explain how "kara" functions in the mentioned sentence. It means that the first thing is the reason for the second thing...?

Originally posted by Oyo
And for the sake of staying on topic.. can someone explain how "kara" functions in the mentioned sentenced. It means that the first thing is the reason for the second thing...?
Someone please correct me if this is too far off, but I believe that pretty much describes the function of "kara" coming only after a verb or at the end of a clause. Otherwise you would use something like "tame" for because....In this instance, however, succeeding a pronoun, kara simply refers to following, after, or from "kore," (this point in the here and now.) That much I am sure of.

Originally posted by Oyo
Seppuku, did Chuck actually speak japanese or did you translate that? :D

I like Death also, Human is my favorite album.

no i translated it...right i hope
and thanks for the translation Elizabeth

Originally posted by Seppuku
no i translated it...right i hope
and thanks for the translation Elizabeth
I'm not sure it is, though.....Are you trying to say something like metal music continues to be lively and vigerous? Perhaps it should be shinkou....and can iki-iki be a verb like that? I've only seen it as an adjective, iki-iki shita....

So continue to write back as often as you like, Seppuku.
Watashi ni totte mo ii benkyou ni naru to omoukara.
Because it is good practice for me as well. 😄

its supposed to say "keep the metal faith alive" maybe instead of tsuzukeru i should use tamotsu?:confused:

Originally posted by Seppuku
its supposed to say "keep the metal faith alive" maybe instead of tsuzukeru i should use tamotsu?:confused:
And instead of shinkou (religious faith), maybe shinnen or "Spirit of metal" (there's even a book with this title I believe). I'll have to think about the verb part more, though, in the meantime hopefully someone will be able to help as well. ;)

Back
Top Bottom