What's new

Help the noob please :)

hello again !
I've been doing some writing essays from the genki book and again i need someone to overview it.
I've been using only kanji that i know and my dictionary is google translate (lame, but i have no other options...) so please correct me if i used a word in the worng way (or the wrong word) the essay was to write a letter and describe people.

ハダルさん
お元気ですか。きち(militarry base)はとても気持ち悪くて(disgusting) そうぞうしいです(noisy)。六人は私のへやをすんでいます。私のルームメイト(roommates)はいい人です。三ーコさんは小さくておかしい友達です。毎日話してわらいrます。ビルとリイールはしれいかんです。ビルはちょとういそがしくてとてもtのしいです。はなが大きくてかみがながいです。リイールはきみょうな人です毎朝はやい起きて行きます。時々起きません
しゅまつの前はへやおきれいにします。へやはとてもきたなくてきれいません。毎日いっしょにチマルにいています。仕事はつまらないです。よくテレビゲムをします。
私は三月まえ日本語をべんきょしています。これはおもしろいです。
あなたはいつ家に帰りますか。この週末はきちにたいざいしますか。
からだに気をつけてください

thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than typos, the following four lines have obvious grammatical mistakes.

六人は私のへやをすんでいます。
毎朝はやい起きて行きます。
へやはとてもき たなくてきれいません。
私は三月まえ日本語をべんきょしています。

すむ is intransitive. It can't take the object ~を.

You need to change はやい into the adverbial form.

The negative form of きれいです is not きれいません.

三月まえ refers to a point of three months ago (from now), not "from three months ago until now".

On the last, are you reading the 三月まえ as みつきまえ for the meaning "three months ago"?

I ask because it may a good place to point out the difference between things like 三月 (さんがつ "March") and 三ヶ月 (さんかげつ "three months").

Ah, good point. Yeah, I read it みつきまえ unconsciously, but 三ヶ月 would be better especially for learners because it's not ambiguous.

you are very helpful!
I understood fully 2 of my mistakes and i have questions about the other two-
1)what is the adverbial of はやい and how i need to use it? cause from what i've learned so far, a word which describes not specific time reference suppose to be before the verb ( like時々in the sentence- 私は時々コーヒーを飲みます)
2)I got the mistake for using march and not three month (and I admit it's a stupid mistake which i should have known ;] ) but i don't know how to say "for three month I've been..." or i choose to use march so "since march I've been studying Japanese" and sentence like that.

I really appreciate your help! it's really motivating me to keep studying :) Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom