What's new

Help Me Find My Friend

hawkins287

後輩
29 Jul 2004
PLease help me find my friend. Her name is Naoko. One in a million shot I know but maybe the following info will help. She always said I was her "best friend." We met at the "Black Angus" in Orange county CA. I was in the Marines and had just had gotten married and had a baby boy before she left to return to Japan. I was stationed at Marine corps air station el toro. If you know a "Naoko" who lived there in 1996 at least it will narrow my search down. PLease! Please! Please! help me find her! She was my best friend and I would like to establish contact with her again!!

If she was your best friend, then presumably you have a last name for her and know what city she came from?

moved to people search.
hawkins the more information you provide the better your chances of getting a response. anything else you could include, especially last name, city, prefecture, region of japan she was going back to etc etc. would help all the more. we have members in japan who are willing to use their yellow pages.

Goodness gracious! I hope we don't find her in the yellow pages!

mikecash said:
Goodness gracious! I hope we don't find her in the yellow pages!
you bet ??????
i believe this is a joke.
no one knows so little about his/her "best friend"
and no best friend will let someone leave for japan with a baby without asking what? where? how ?

byp said:
you bet ??????
i believe this is a joke.
no one knows so little about his/her "best friend"
and no best friend will let someone leave for japan with a baby without asking what? where? how ?

Whether it's a joke or not, I would bet we don't find her listed in the yellow pages. I feel almost 100% sure of it......since the yellow pages are business listings.

mikecash said:
Whether it's a joke or not, I would bet we don't find her listed in the yellow pages. I feel almost 100% sure of it......since the yellow pages are business listings.
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
are you absolutely certain ?????????????????????????????????
gosh ! your knowledge of the world is absolutely astounding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

byp said:
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
are you absolutely certain ?????????????????????????????????
gosh ! your knowledge of the world is absolutely astounding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your attempt at sarcasm would have been so much more effective if you hadn't already revealed you didn't know the difference between the yellow pages and the white pages.

mikecash said:
Your attempt at sarcasm would have been so much more effective if you hadn't already revealed you didn't know the difference between the yellow pages and the white pages.
what attempt ? what sarcasme ?
i have invented yellow pages, long before you were born, so what's your worry ?
keep smiling, friend, if you live in japan, you are surrounded by the most beautyfull girls in the world, that should keep you happy and laughing all day long...

PaulTB said:
... there wasn't a law against using that much punctuation in one post. :D
well, is there ? I dont believe there is, or was or will be.... ever !
and i love questionmarks, i use them frequently, it shows my open-minded attitude, my interrest in the things of life. here is an extra one for you.
?
isn't it beautifull ?
😌

Best Friend

I used to know her last name but it has been almost ten years since I have seen her and I forgot it. Also, she wasnt pregnant when she left, my spouse and I had just had a baby boy and she was there when he was born. All I know is where she lived when she was in the states. I did have her full name and address but I lost it. All I know is her name is Naoko, we used to dance and hang out together in Irvine CA and she wanted to be a writer.

hawkins287 said:
I used to know her last name but it has been almost ten years since I have seen her and I forgot it. Also, she wasnt pregnant when she left, my spouse and I had just had a baby boy and she was there when he was born. All I know is where she lived when she was in the states. I did have her full name and address but I lost it. All I know is her name is Naoko, we used to dance and hang out together in Irvine CA and she wanted to be a writer.
Well, here is an attempt to give you some hints... it might work.
You'll have to do a little bit of hunting. I don't really know how it works in US when a resident departs from one place to go to another (state) or country, but I'm enumarating things that are done here in Europe where you can trace people fairly easilly.

1) go to the town council (town/city hall) of her last known residence address (where she lived) in US (it is probably the same one where you live or lived at the time.) and see with them if she has given a forwarding address there.
2) do the same with local police station or any official immigration dept in the area where she lived.
3) do the same with post office. Surely, she must have given them some kind of an address for forwarding mail subsequently to her departure. Maybe they can still find it in their records (hopefully).
4) do the same with local neighbours, schools where her (other?) child(ren) use to go or places, associaitions or other friends she might have had at the time. Try to remember where she was well known for going and meeting other people and go and ask if they know anything (like
5) go to the nearest JAPANESE CONSULATE or EMBASSY to seek help or helpfull information about her address. They might be able to help. If they do not want to give you an address (which they probably will NOT for obvious reasons), you wil INSIST that they transmit and/or forward a message from
you directly. Doing this she will receive your word without you knowing her whereabout and she will then write backto you giving all information if she wishes to. If not, it means she will not want you anymore and then you can forget all about it. If she is a woman, it is better if a woman will do this approach to the embassy.
6) Try to contact any other japanese person and /or society, company you might know in your living area/city and expose your problem, asking for ideas and suggestions.
7) Anything that can be of help (that one does'nt help...)
10'432) Hire a private detective in Japan (veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery expensive solution).
If I think of something else, I'll let you know later

Good luck to you Sherlock Holmes !!!!

Numbers 1, 3, and 5 will probably fail due to privacy concerns.

mikecash said:
Numbers 1, 3, and 5 will probably fail due to privacy concerns.
A)
yes, it might for 1 & 3, but not sure at all. Never say no before you know...
B)
and if post office has the address but do not want to give it to you, then you CAN SEND A LETTER, no ???
C)
read again & carefully what I said under 5), you have missed something therefore you did not need to mention 5)
D)
you are to much of a pessimistic
E)
everyone is waiting in great expectation your own ideas and suggestions... which are usually much more appreciated thant just negative comments without any future...

Oh, emptyness ! When you come into our head !!!

Lemme see the clues we have to work with.....

1. First name Naoko
2. Was in Irvine 10 years ago

I'm not a pessimist. I'm a realist.

mikecash said:
Lemme see the clues we have to work with.....

1. First name Naoko
2. Was in Irvine 10 years ago

I'm not a pessimist. I'm a realist.

sorry, wrong word again...
you are a defeatist. (go have a look in a dictionnary for the meaning)
with 2 such elements YOU would never find anything, that is quiet understandable. you do not have the right motivation either, and that is understandable, too ! :LOL: tu patauges !!
hawkins287 knows better, he is smarter, he'll have a try at it.
never say no before you know for sure.

byp said:
Does St. Vincent and the Grenadines make your first language something other than English or can I taunt you mercilessly over your spelling and grammatical errors?

byp said:
you are a defeatist. (go have a look in a dictionnary for the meaning)
with 2 such elements YOU would never find anything, that is quiet understandable. you do not have the right motivation either, and that is understandable, too ! :LOL: tu patauges !!
hawkins287 knows better, he is smarter, he'll have a try at it.
never say no before you know for sure.

How can I be a defeatist when I'm not the one looking for her?

Are you looking for her?

PaulTB said:
I think the word he was failing to find was misery-guts.

I think he fails to realize that a classic S.E.P. situation such as this precludes a third party from being defeatist about it.

Back
Top Bottom