What's new

Hello from Italy!

Murai82

後輩
12 Mar 2008
Hello minasan!
Just discovered this site while i was searching in google for some japanese reference... this is a really great database of information, and there's even a forum so i thought... hey! should i subscribe there? The answer is yes!
A brief introduction about me. I'm from Turin, Italy, and i love Japanese culture since i was a child. Especially music, anime and dramas.
About Music, i'm really interested in the Groups sounds period, so the 60's.
It's not so easy to find informations about the groups of that era... i have two GS I love you and a Blue Comets CDs, and every mp3s i could find in the net of GS groups (of course i'd like to buy original cds in the future). I've made a search in the forum and i've seen there's at least two or three topics about it! They are a little old but i'll try to revive them
This love is spawned in all 60's music of course... i play guitar in a Beach Boys cover band... but well... that's another story.
Lately i became really hooked in jdrama... they are really catching... my favourite actor is Takashi Sorimachi.
Well, enough talking for today! Nice to meet you all.👍

Like being on a downhill motion, towards a spring-like notion, with all the beauty in the air and snow just melting everywhere...we have truly gone in that direction here in the Japan Alps !! It is from such a space of vibrant enthusiasim that I wish to send you my greetings and shout out a big WELCOME to JREF !!

Please do spend some time with us and get to know the place and join in when and where you wish !! As time goes on you can learn much about Japan and other things as well--please do check out the whole forum.

One of my favorite group sound songs is Kimiko (a humorours one) and there are others, but I cannot recall the names at all. A friend of a roommate of mine in college (Japanese nationals) had a number of tapes of those days. I may be able to help out some with the CDs, as I have done a fair amount of music gigs in the local area in the past here--alas, my music days are all but gone? My voice range seems to have dropped a year or so back, and I just lost my voice range--blame it on age.

I look forward to talking with you again !! See you 'round !! MM

Thanks for all the warm welcome! To Jimmyseal for the "benvenuto" in perfect italian...
And to you Mars Man! I'm looking forward to talking with you about the Group Sounds days, i'm really interested. About your voice drop... there's nothing you can do with age but you could transpose all the songs in a more easier key... which genre did you play? Old beat groups sounds? Rock? Surf?
I was thinking that in all these years of Japan Loving, i've never got the chance to talk with an ACTUAL japanese guy! I hope i can finally achieve my dream and get as many Japan Friends as i can here.
Nice to meet you all!

Thanks for your suggestion there. Yes, I did consider moving it to a key that fit, but that would mean different chord progressions, note positions, or capo work...none of which sparked my interest. These songs are mostly original, maybe one major factor, and my concept was like, well, no artist goes and retouches the painting after time has brought out different perceptions, so. . . (it may be a cop out, but...I don't know, I might give it a try some day {if I ever get the time})

I do mostly blues, blues rock, and then a kind of easy listening style. Covers were mostly Elvis, Chuck Berry, John Denver, Jim Croche, Lynerd Skyner (spelling?) and of course, you can't do music as a person of European lineage without doing some Beatles as well, so. . .

Once I get some info on that sound, I'll get back with you. I have to check with my friend. Talk to you later !!

Great! Your songs? Looking forward to hear them!😊 If everyone wants to talk about groups sounds or 60's music, i can pm my msn contact. See ya.
^___^

Back
Top Bottom