What's new

Have you tried...

Originally posted by Alex
I read in a book once the advise that women have their babies at home and that the most healthful thing to eat after having a baby was the placenta. They recommended cooking it with onions, like liver.

I know that carnivorous animals eat the placenta after birth. But human placenta...? Was that a 17th century book on alchemy or witchcraft you've read?
:)

Blueberries, yes please.

No, it was a hippie self-help book. It was about natural remedies or some such thing. I don't remember exactly. It was disgusting! I think they even suggested what to serve it with - mashed potatoes or something. They said that it provided exactly the nutrients that the new mother would need. You know what? Give me a vitamen suppliment any day!

yuck!!! I'd eat, corn,octapus, squid,fish,ox tongue,cactus, eel, and finally sweet potatoe ice-creams all mixed up in one plate, a hell of a lot faster that placenta and mashed potato, lol:sick: :sick: :sick:

yes and I'd like to know who tryed this and studied this lol, thats gross!!:D

:mad: ERGH!!!!
this 'placenta meal' sounds so... desgusting! how could somebody eat such thing in the 20th century?!...

yeah... once again, blueberry... ;)

I swear I didn't make this up! I bought the book because there was a lot of information on natural healing and such. I didn't notice this recommendation until I had the book home. I couldn't believe what I read. I'm with you. Give me blueberry any day. The funny thing was that the book was geared to the vegetarian, health-food, natural-living group. VEGETARIANS! (I'm one, but not the kind that eats that stuff.) They just had some weird ideas.

EEwww, placenta...extra-weird

I actually had sweet-potato-icecream in Kamakura! I liked it! Sweet potatoes are delicious anyway and my friend often made them for dessert with apples and yoghurt..oishiii....
So why not as icecream???

But did you try raw horsemeat, uma no sashimi???

Do they make tomato ice cream? That doesn't sound TOO bad. For me anyway, being a tomato-addict. And I wonder what that cactus ice cream tastes like... there's this one drink made with cactus nectar, and it's really good.

I think Chinese people may have done that too. For me, I like to eat pig's placenta. It's nice and crunchy. Indeed, it's stir-fried with spring onion and ginger slice. Sounds disgusting huh? Chinese people eat anything that walks on the earth. Not proud of it though. Guess that's how SARS and bird flu came about. However, I still think eating pig innards are fine as they are not from the wild.

I would eat anything that is living besides Primates =\ LOL i would love to try all those ice creams no joking either ^_^

tsukinoko said:
EEwww, placenta...extra-weird

I actually had sweet-potato-icecream in Kamakura! I liked it! Sweet potatoes are delicious anyway and my friend often made them for dessert with apples and yoghurt..oishiii....
So why not as icecream???

But did you try raw horsemeat, uma no sashimi???

I've tried sweet potato ice cream too - down in Ibutsuki, Kagoshima-ken. It was yum!
I've also tried raw horse - basashi- I'm not a fan of that, but hubby eats it. I like raw chicken though - so nice with garlic. Haven't eaten it since the bird flu broke out a couple of hours away from here though.....

Well... Strangely, wasabi has become one of my favorite spices!

So as for Wasabi Icecream???

LOVE IT!

As for Shrimp-flavored icecream???

:mad:

thomas said:
Have you tried

- Fish Ice Cream (Sanma Aisu)
- Octopus Ice Cream (Taco Aisu)
- Squid Ice Cream (Ika Aisu)
- Ox Tongue Ice Cream (Gyutan Aisu)
- Sweet Potato Ice Cream (Yaki-imo)
- Fried Eggplant Ice Cream (Yaki Nasu Aisu)
- Crab Ice Cream (Kani Aisu)
- Corn Ice Cream (Tomorokoshi Aisu)
- Koshihikari Rice Ice Cream (Koshihikari Aisu)
- Wasabi Ice Cream (Wasabi Aisu)
- Shrimp Ice Cream (Sakura Ebi Aisu)
- Eel Ice Cream (Unagi Aisu)
- Nagoya Noodle Ice Cream (Nagoya Kishimen)
- Chicken Wing Ice Cream (Nagoya Tebasaki)
- Miso Ice Cream (Hacho Miso)
- Cactus Ice Cream (Saboten Aisu)

No? Me neither, but I'd like to.

The Wacky World of Japanese Ice Cream

=> http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/japano/0207/ice-cream/1.html

cactus is good.. mmmm geeeeewd!

eel and octopus ice-cream? that sounds like something that should have never been invented! who would be stupid enough to think "hey, lets put the tako in the blender and smack some icecream in there!"??

"bevare mig vテ、l"as we say in sweden.. (basically means "dont give that to me")

samuraitora said:
I agree with Tragedy...feeling a little woosie...lol

beef tongue is semipopular here...you can find it in stores, but not in too many restaurants.

Here's a picture of me in front of a tongue restaurant( if this attachment thing works). It is the only one I've seen.

tungerestaurant.JPG

I tried some Wasabi Ice from a place down near Mt Fuji. It was actually quite an interesting combination, the wasabi gave it a subtle yet noticable flavour, any heat was, of course, taken care of by the sweet ice cream (Im assuming it started life as plain vanilla). If anyone gets the chance I would recommend it!!!!

Geez... these ice cream flavors are just way past gross! :mad: :sick: :mad:

Over here, we have something called "Zungenwurst" ("Zunge" is "tongue", and "wurst" in this case is some kind of sliced sausage-meat) which has pork tongues as one of its ingredients. Doesn't taste too bad, but I'm not terribly fond of it either.

You name it and I've just about had it...I like to try things at least once and honestly I've never had a bad ice cream flavor in Japan....The Cactus and Beef tongue ones are actually quite good. Just because it says one thing don't let it get to you. 🙂

Well, those kind of "special tastes" can't be as bad as eating insects... Actually I can't say, cause I ate none.
I heard that here in France someone made carott ice cream, cheese (camembert) ice cream... You know, cheese that some people when it is almost liquid and smell like a WW2 GI's sock (sorry for the image :p). I am French but I am not keen on smelling cheese.

Riven said:
Well, those kind of "special tastes" can't be as bad as eating insects... Actually I can't say, cause I ate none.
I heard that here in France someone made carott ice cream, cheese (camembert) ice cream... You know, cheese that some people when it is almost liquid and smell like a WW2 GI's sock (sorry for the image :p). I am French but I am not keen on smelling cheese.

I love cheese myself and yes, French cheese can stink (no offense) but it tastes great. Camembert and Brie....makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Buddha Smoker said:
I love cheese myself and yes, French cheese can stink (no offense) but it tastes great. Camembert and Brie....makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
I love Brie and Camembert too ... it just depend on how old they are :p
And in ice cream .... It's just that it makes me feel --> :auch: :sick:

Riven said:
I love Brie and Camembert too ... it just depend on how old they are :p
And in ice cream .... It's just that it makes me feel --> :auch: :sick:

How aged do you like them? I don't really know how aged the ones I eat are but it still tastes good. Also, what kind of ice cream are you using?

Back
Top Bottom