What's new

Have you ever get mocked if you use Windows Vista?

Muz1234

Sempai
13 Aug 2014
Have you ever get mocked by people if your computer runs Windows Vista? Like people say "Can't believe you still running Vista and all that.".

If I ran Vista I wouldn't care so much about mockery but other issues:

Microsoft launched Windows Vista in January 2007 and stopped supporting it in April 2017.

Microsoft no longer provides Vista security patches and has stopped updating Microsoft Security Essentials.

It's no longer worth software providers and websites spending money testing and adapting their code to make sure it works with Vista, so you're likely to face increasing problems using it online.

I can't afford to upgrade my Vista PC. What can I do?

Keep calm and use Linux. It helps save the planet, too (less e-waste). ;)
If Thomas will allow me a post nothing to do with Japan, on the subject of saving the planet via computers, I'd like to plug this search engine I've been using for the last few months. For roughly every 45 searches you do, they plant a tree in a developing country and have planted over 50 million so far.
I use search engines a lot since I work as a proofreader and admittedly it is not quite as good as Google but it certainly gets the job done.
They also post interesting stuff about their tree-planting projects and even their accounts if you follow them on Facebook.

Back
Top Bottom