What's new

Ghost In T3h Sh3ll

Nuala

Hell's Finest Daughter
15 Jul 2004
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex isn't your ordinary anime. It has drama, romance, action, hot cyborg in thong, and badass ex-soldiers. Motoko(The main character) is a cyborg and works for section nine which seems to be the equivilent to the british secret service or CIA.
Have you seen this anime series or the movie that the series followed?
Comments please, thanks.

it's junk. i've seen more common sense out of a character from that alchemy one.
The soliders are stupid. The show is long and dull. Just like bebop.
if they wanted to entertain me they would have it completely in japanese and have caption and subtext at the bottom. then i would probably watch it a heck of a lot more.

Kamisama don't post that crap in this thread please. You obviously didn't pay attention to the show then. You didn't notice anything in episodes 1-12 that touched you? Sad.

maybe Kamisama likes a different kind of anime. not everyone has to like Ghost ing the shell.

Ghosting the shell is one of my favourite pass-times.. I do it whenever I have 5 minutes to spare.

Haven't seen it myself, but one of my friends is completely obsessed with it. Keeps telling me to watch it. He's not exactly a big anime buff either..

Stand Alone Complex is a cool series, though I have only watched the first 8 episodes or so. Some of the episodes are "stand alone", others are part of the "complex" or ongoing story. I've been watching the DVD's, which are coming out here in the U.S. at a reasonable price.

Innocence is the second movie. It should really be called something else, maybe "inosense". If you watched the Japanese trailers, it's sort of a pun on "inochi" (meaning life) and "sensu" (meaning sense or good understanding). Maybe "lifesense" would have been better, but the producers I am sure wanted it called "innocence".

GITS: SAC is excellent. I've watched the first three volumes and I'm engrossed by the series. It's slick, intelligent and gripping. As for the starring characters, Motoko, Batou and the rest of Section 9 are major ***-kickers, I even get a kick out of the Tachikawas! I'm eager to get my hands on "Innocence" and see how good it is!

mizerable_d said:
maybe Kamisama likes a different kind of anime. not everyone has to like Ghost ing the shell.
Hey everybody has their own choice of anime. I don't appeciate that troll(Kamisama) spamming this thread with his bullshit. 😌
EDIT: flashjeff didn't the movie come out on dvd on the 28th? I should pick it up sometime when I'm not saving up for the next dvd or random video game I buy!

lol ya i guess ur right ^___^ this is a ghost in the shell thread after all...

i havent seen the series. my friend showed a bit to me but i stopped watching after something like 1 min of the show -_-;;;; lol maybe i should give it another try since it is very famous...

Yeah please do give it another shot. It's a pretty good show.

I don't know if China has a best buy or if it's the same at the one in China but the Ghost in the Shell DVDs are 18.99 US right now so it's pretty cheap.

i like them all
ghost in the shell
dbz
full metal alchimest
//.sign
heck,,,even sailor moon
i like them all

cool artwork on the twisted irony site
keep it up

I liked GITS:SAC, the first move was not too good IMHO but still ok. I've not seen the whole 2nd season yet but I think that the 2nd season feels more well-done than the first. It's a good anime with action, cyborgs and conspiracy all over the place.

btw. the intromusic is awesome in both the 1st and 2nd season ^^

the first ghost in the shell was alrite, the second one i didn't like it all, and SAC although has sm good parts, like that episode with that delusional pilot i feel the story is way to detailed, way way way filled with too much dialague that is 2 fast and i dunno just crammed with useless things.

Thor said:
I don't know if China has a best buy or if it's the same at the one in China but the Ghost in the Shell DVDs are 18.99 US right now so it's pretty cheap.
hehe i dont live in china...so yes i think i can go to best buy. actually i think ive seen some good animes in there...

KouKakuKiDoTai: Stand Alone Complex ツ攻ナ?k窶ケ@窶慊ョ窶佚? STAND ALONE COMPLEX

攻殻機動隊 STAND ALONE COMPLEX

My favorite character (or should it be the characters?) is the Tachikoma (or maybe I should have say it Tachikoma-tachi, considering that it's 'them'?). Too bad that halfway in the series they were taken out of the force because of them becoming more like human and their usefulness as weapons are in doubt. In the end though, they all sacrificed themself for Batou. They acted more human than the rest of the force though.

And no, I haven't seen the KouKakuKiDoTai movies. Though one person once described that that the originial KouKakuKiDoTai movie is quite similiar to Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within, and I think that I pretty much agree on that. Not that I'll like both movies though.

As for KouKakuKiDoTai: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG .

Haven't watched it. But from the look of some of the screenshots, it looks more like the movies though. Don't know if I'll like it like the first series though.

Oh well... At least they revived back the Tachikoma. Though I was kinda expecting to see them back at the end of the final episode of the first series.

As for the story.

Well... Suffice to say, it's mostly fictional.

KouKakuKiDoTai: Stand Alone Complex kinda implied that the world nations are operating on their own, and so on their secret agencies would only obey their respective nations.

Real life on the other hand is more simple and normal, but in the same time more complex and bizzare, just depends on how you look at it.

Back
Top Bottom