What's new

game movies: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill

if i you not know anything of resident evil, then you will like that movie

I don't know anything about Resident Evil and I don't like that movie. Apart from the beginning, the rest just bored me, whereas Silent Hill was really amazing. I watched it with my brother, who sat there going, "I got stuck on that ladder!" and predicting where the woman was going to go because the layout was exactly like the game. I think it would have been boring for SIlent Hill players if they used exactly the same storyline as the first game, which is why I think they slightly changed it. The only problem with Silent Hill was that I didn't understand the ending, and nobody I know who hadn't played the game understood it. You had to play the game to really fully grasp what went on in the end.

Well the only movies i dislike its from the director of "house of the dead","alone in the dark", "bloodrayne" that movies stinks

And when it comes to Uwe Boll (Alone in the dark, House of the Dead, Bloodrayne) ... well... I don't mind him... but there are plenty of people who disagree... Unfortunately the thread on IMDB.com has been deleted which contained things people would rather do than watch a Uwe Boll film... probably because it contained at lot of horrific references to the mutilation of their own genitals. Lovely.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about Resident Evil and I don't like that movie. Apart from the beginning, the rest just bored me, whereas Silent Hill was really amazing. I watched it with my brother, who sat there going, "I got stuck on that ladder!" and predicting where the woman was going to go because the layout was exactly like the game. I think it would have been boring for SIlent Hill players if they used exactly the same storyline as the first game, which is why I think they slightly changed it. The only problem with Silent Hill was that I didn't understand the ending, and nobody I know who hadn't played the game understood it. You had to play the game to really fully grasp what went on in the end.

I think, you're right, maybe the final it's a little hard to understand, but the efects and everything else is almost perfect 👍

And when it comes to Uwe Boll (Alone in the dark, House of the Dead, Bloodrayne) ... well... I don't mind him... but there are plenty of people who disagree... Unfortunately the thread on IMDB.com has been deleted which contained things people would rather do than watch a Uwe Boll film... probably because it contained at lot of horrific references to the mutilation of their own genitals. Lovely.

I want to barf when i hear the name "UWE BOLL" :mad: that stupd gay man that make a false concept of a videogame in a false movie, i don't like him

Silent hell games are sooooooo stupid (no offince), i tried to play it more than 16 times and still i always shut down moy PS2..

Resident evil games (all of them) are soooooooo coooooooooool, i finished them ALL, from the PS1 to PS2, actually i bought the PS2 just for it :)

Silent hell movie and RE movies are all good and cool

The problem with Silent Hill (game) is that it doesn't appeal to action fans. It bores some people unless you are there purely for the atmosphere... which I am... but still. The film is still amazing though.

Silent hill is better than resident evil. The story is great, it's more creepy and you have do think more, about what to do next. 👍

Yeah, and I think exactly the same about the film... but you have to think more about what the hell is going on rather than what to do next. :)

Well about the Silent Hill movie's ending:

Both the mother and her daughter escaped from the town Silent Hill, but they didn't escaped from its dark dimension. That's why everything is still pretty dark, cold and foggy when they came home.

I just watched Event Horizon again, and I couldn't believe that the director Paul Anderson did so crappy in Resident Evil and AvP. Event Horizon was scary, shocking and suspension. Resident Evil was action popcorn movie with some average zombie action. Dawn of the Dead and Land of the Dead were much better in terms of zombie atmosphere.

I've never played them either. I got bored with Resident Evil movie too easilly, but Silent Hill was really gripping and creepy.

I just wanted to steal Pyramid Head's sword. You can do that on the game, I think. Not exactly built for sneaking up on somebody though, is it?

It does have to be one of the creepiest things I have ever seen somebody play... aside from Fatal Frame of course. Speaking of game movies, does anybody know if a Fatal Frame movie exists... or is going to exist? I bet they would keep the same creepy atmosphere as Silent Hill.

For me, Silent Hill was extremely creepy but I can't help thinking that... since Silent Hill was a Japanese game... that the Japanese could have done the film so much better.

It is supposed to be being made aparantly. Not sure when it will be out or if they are still making it though.

mmmm i hope the productors do a good movie, i don`t want to say something bad about a bad movie with a good game, and beliveme i like that game, but i dont play after de midnight, im scared 😌

Haha. After midnight on surround sound in a big screen TV is always fun... and scary as hell.

Yeah, I read somewhere they are making that film, although one website said that they have stopped doing it but another said that they are currently working on it, so I don't know what is going on there.

Yeah, especially original ones. I think that a Japanese School girl wandering around a mansion shooting ghosts with a camera is fairly original (discreetly getting back to the topic) as is Silent Hill.

well i cannot found the english name (it's in spanish XP). hey i really like to talk to you i give you mi e-mail: maldita_religioテア@hotmail.com i wait for you n.n

re wat!

Silent hell games are sooooooo stupid (no offince), i tried to play it more than 16 times and still i always shut down moy PS2..
Resident evil games (all of them) are soooooooo coooooooooool, i finished them ALL, from the PS1 to PS2, actually i bought the PS2 just for it :)
Silent hell movie and RE movies are all good and cool
I totally agree with you. Resident evil games completely pawn the silent hill series without a doubt. Even though the re movies are more action and less horror than the SH film i'd still choose re being a fanboy. But even if the silent hill movie is better, theres no denying capcoms RE games defeat konamis SH games.
p.s cant wait for RE:Extinction (love claire redfield!):)

Back
Top Bottom